CMS European M&A Study 2010
The CMS European M&A Study is a rigorous analysis of over 750 European M&A deals that CMS has worked on in 2007, 2008 and 2009 and is a continuation of last year’s CMS European M&A Study, which clients said had “real, substantial value”.
The Study offers unique insights into recent European M&A deal culture:
- It is the first Study of its kind to look at trends pre- and post-Lehman and compare the use of M&A clauses.
- It is by far the most comprehensive Study of its kind in Europe, analysing over 750 transactions over a three-year period.
- It provides unique insights into the European as well as individual M&A markets.
The Study reveals what can be considered ‘market’ in European M&A. It looks at deal points that are usually heavily negotiated in M&A deals, including for example MAC (material adverse change) clauses, purchase price adjustments and warranties. The data break down by regions in Europe, providing specific findings for the UK, German speaking countries, France, Benelux, Southern Europe and Central Eastern Europe and showing the usage of the aforementioned clauses on a per-region basis, along with a qualitative analysis of the findings. Where there are significant differences to M&A deal terms in the US, comparisons between Europe and the US are included as well.
Please get in touch with us if you would like to
- Request a copy of the Study, or
- Speak to one of our experts. We can slice and dice this data to make the findings of our analysis highly relevant to your own M&A situation.