As business becomes more global, taxation is becoming an increasingly complex issue in all countries. Taxation is now a core consideration in the decision-making process, and companies must have a real national and international taxation strategy covering both direct and indirect taxes. These same trends are affecting people as well as companies.
Our Practice Areas
- General taxation of private and state-owned enterprises including handling tax disputes
- Patrimonial taxation
- Taxation of national and international mergers & acquisitions and restructuring
- Taxation in the financial sector
- Property taxation
- Transfer pricing
- Local taxes
- Non-salary benefits (stock options, incentive schemes, etc.)
- Co-operation between lawyers specialising in each area of taxation and in other areas of law.
- Collective expertise acquired from more than 80 years of experience and practice in the most complex of taxation issues.
- Risk management: with our skills and expertise, we provide clients with effective and reliable advice on their strategic and tactical choices.
- Supportive relationship with our clients in their dealings with the tax authorities and in pre-litigation and litigation procedures.
- Ability to handle a client’s overall tax strategy, both national and international, through our international network of offices and partner firms in CMS.
We advise medium-sized companies and major groups in all business sectors, as well as public organisations, local authorities and individuals.
These highly experienced teams, which are used to dealing with the tax authorities, take a long-term approach to client relationships with the aim of providing committed and effective advice.