Our specialists of the CMS Expat Desk provide cross-border advice to (global) companies about international employees, also known as “expats”. The provided assistance is related to employment law, visa’s work permits matters:
- advising on applications of the required permits to reside and work in the Czech Republic, both for expats and family members;
- advising on cross-border temporary assignment and secondment of employees, including drafting of relevant contract documentation;
- expat agreements covering all employment related aspects such as the relocation to the country of origin;
- termination of the expat agreement or temporary assignment services agreements;
- communication with the Czech Labour Office or Ministry of Interior regarding the above mentioned projects and acting on behalf of the client within the administrative proceedings.
In the past we have provided our clients with services such as:
- Assisting a global organizational consulting firm, synchronizing strategy and talent to drive superior performance from the USA on the entire procedure of relocation of its managerial employee from Australia to the Czech Republic, including guidance through the entire visa procedure of both the employee and their family members as well as related employment agenda, including drafting of employment contracts.
- Assisting a global automotive components and precision engineered products manufacturer on all expat-related matters in respect to acquisition of a Czech Company, including contract documentation and visa obtaining procedure of the executive directors and their families.
- Advising an American metal manufacturer on cross-border temporary assignment of employees from United Kingdom to the Czech Republic.