Admiralty and Casualty – "Wet Shipping"
More than almost any other lawyers in Germany, our wet shipping specialists have experience and expertise in all types of maritime incidents and accidents. We regularly advise shipping companies, hull insurers, P&I clubs and salvors on a wide range of incidents, including collisions, average, salvage and pollution.
- Attendance on board vessel or at scene of accident
- Securing evidence (e.g. voyage data recorder and statements by crew members)
- Representation vis-à-vis the authorities, including water police, flag state representatives, classification society (“class”) representatives, experts, the press and other media
- Negotiating all necessary agreements (e.g. sureties, guarantees, salvage agreements)
- Representing crew members in administrative or criminal proceedings
In addition, we regularly represent our clients in subsequent disputes before courts or arbitral tribunals or in settlement negotiations. We often act in cases involving multiple jurisdictions, which we handle in close cooperation with specialists from our well-established international network.