Following the lifting of sanctions against Iran, the country is re-entering the world market. The opportunities for doing business successfully in Iran are now greater than ever, both for exports into Iran as well as investments in one of the largest economies in the Middle East.
CMS Pars – partner for your business activities in Iran
CMS is the first international law firm to provide support via a dedicated office and team in the Iranian capital, Tehran, and is already one of the largest legal services providers in the country. CMS Pars is your partner for legal and tax matters, with deep local roots combined with a strong network of international contacts. We can help you to develop your business relationships with Iran.
We offer big-name multinationals and large SMEs from around the world access to an excellent network across Iran’s business and political communities. We also have close links to the German-Iranian Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK Iran) in Tehran, with a CMS representative office sharing the same premises. The main CMS Pars office is located in Rahimi Street.
The CMS Pars team includes lawyers licensed to practice in Iran and is led by CMS partners with many years of experience in advising on international matters, in many cases involving German-Iranian clients. When supporting the projects of multinationals in Iran and those of Iranian companies in Germany and Europe, we work with clients in German, English and French, as well as the national language, Persian.
Advisory services to support your Iran business
CMS Pars can assist companies in the following areas around their business activities in Iran:
- Analysis of the market environment and advice on market entry
- Support for business negotiations with German or Iranian partners
- M&A, corporate acquisitions, equity stakes, joint ventures
- Company formation, registration and obtaining of various approvals, including an investment protection licence (FIPPA licence)
- Distribution and commercial agent law, foreign trade law
- Ongoing legal advice and litigation in Iran and before international courts of arbitration
- Work permits, migration law, employee postings, visas
- Sector expertise in the following areas: Automotive, Engineering, Energy, Mining Industry, Banking
The CMS Pars team is available at any time to discuss your options and your specific requirements with regard to legal advice in Iran.
Study: “How to do business in Iran successfully”
Experts from Roland Berger and CMS have investigated the business prospects in Iran and published an analysis document entitled "How to do business in Iran successfully". The study can be downloaded here. It provides an overview of the Iranian market and recommendations on how to overcome the challenges faced by international companies in Iran.
The International Desk Team