Dispute Resolution Monégasque lawyers
We assist private clients, investors, company directors, institutions and local or international companies during the pre-litigation and litigation phases of any disputes arising in their own lives or that of their business, field or sector.
Our team members are trained specialists who work together to respond to all our clients’ needs, whether the dispute is subject solely to Monegasque jurisdiction or to multiple jurisdictions in other countries.
Monaco attracts companies seeking to build a local or international business in some of the Principality's high-potential sectors such as finance, industry, logistics or luxury hospitality and tourism. This means that our clients’ assets tend to be dispersed across several countries and/or they have an international clientele, which can generate specific pre-litigation and litigation requirements.
On a regular basis, we:
- Assist our private clients with matters of private international law and conflict of laws and of jurisdiction in disputes that often involve property and succession issues governed by family law and the law of persons.
- Assist entrepreneurs and companies with matters such as debt collection, contractual or commercial disputes with businesses that either operate or own assets in Monaco, or with procedures to allow decisions of foreign courts to be executed in Monaco.
- Assist private clients, investors and institutions with disputes that often arise when buying, selling or owning property, which are among the most common transactions in the Principality of Monaco.
- Represent Monaco’s banks and financial management companies during pre-litigation and litigation for matters involving contractual or civil liability, proceedings before the Commission de Contrôle des Activités Financières (Financial Activities Supervisory Commission) or criminal proceedings around certain sector-specific issues such as bank secrecy, anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing and anti-corruption laws, or criminal restraint of some of their clients’ assets.
- Act on behalf of companies, investors and institutions in all commercial law disputes involving matters such as shareholder disagreements, directors’ liability, guarantees against hidden liabilities, receivership and insolvency proceedings, individual proceedings before the judge of the Trade and Industry Register (RCI), debt collection and provisional or protective measures in the Principality of Monaco, commercial criminal law or intellectual property disputes, as well as commercial or contractual disputes involving SMEs and large corporations.
- Represent our private clients in any disputes stemming from countries exchanging information for tax purposes and privacy and data protection rules.
- Assist companies and institutions with disputes relating to the performance or breach of an employment contract.
Our litigation services involve a number of core activities: risk assessment, crisis management, defining a litigation strategy, amicable dispute resolution, representation in court and before arbitration tribunals and the enforcement of court and arbitration rulings.
Our teams have the technical skills and experience to support you through each step towards a swift settlement - in or out of court - that meets your objectives.