Via Agostino Depretis 86
Giovanni B. Calì is a partner in the Rome office and is a member of the Tax department. In 1994 he was appointed as partner.
He mainly carries out consultancy in the field of tax and corporate affairs. His areas of specialization include:
- tax and corporate law aspects of domestic and cross border M&A transactions;
- transfer pricing policies and documentation as well as procedures to prevent or resolve the relevant disputes (advance pricing agreements and mutual agreement procedures);
- international taxation in general, including issues relevant to residence and the transfer of residence from or to Italy, the taxation of Italian permanent establishments of companies resident abroad and the taxation of foreign permanent establishments of companies resident in Italy, the application of bilateral treaties to avoid double taxation and of the EU directive on the taxation of dividends, interest and royalties, anti-tax haven rules, CFC rules and foreign tax credit issues;
- the application of VAT in cross border transactions as well as in the real estate industry and in the financial sector.
His clients are mainly corporations belonging to multinational groups operating in the following sectors: energy, oil and gas, travel and leisure, electronic, pharmaceutical, real estate, insurance. He is president or member of the board of statutory auditors of a number of major companies.
- 1995 - Registered in the List of Certified Auditors
- 1991 - Member of the Register of the Professional Accountants of Rome
- 1989 - "LUISS Guido Carli" University of Rome, Economics and Business degree