In today’s knowledge economy, a large part of the value of your business is based on intangible assets and goodwill. Your intellectual property plays a key role in obtaining a competitive advantage and avoiding the loss of opportunity. A cohesive IP strategy, including filing, commercialisation and enforcement, will ensure you get maximum value from your portfolio.
With regards to the business-friendly legislative and tax framework set-up by Luxembourg in matter of IP Law, CMS Luxembourg has developed a team which is able to assist you on the full range of IP matters. Furthermore, with 150 specialist lawyers in 33 countries, we understand your business needs and have worked with a wide range of customers. This approach can help you achieve your commercial goals.
Our Intellectual Property team is able to assist you in a wide range of industry sectors and in all aspects of IP Law, such as:
- Management of IP portfolio worldwide including filing, renewal, opposition;
- Protection of registered and unregistered IP rights including patents, trademarks, designs;
- Copyrights and neighbouring rights;
- Enforcement of IP rights including infringement and revocation actions in relation to trademarks, patents, designs, copyrights and neighbouring rights;
- Commercialisation of IP rights, including drafting and negotiating licenses, assignments, co-existence agreements and other commercial agreements involving the exploitation of IP rights;
- IP audits and strategic advice on trade mark, design and patent portfolios;
- Customs proceedings, parallel import and grey market issues;
- Advising on database rights and IP rights in software and internet-based technologies.
The right brands will win the hearts and minds of your customers. The right patents will prevent others exploiting your ideas or provide a substantial barrier to market access. Copyright, know-how and designs also play a vital role. However, legal discussions might arise concerning trade names, advertisements, slavish imitation and unauthorized publications.
Thanks to our vast experience advising clients on intellectual and industrial property matters, we are able to understand your business needs and provide a strategy aligned to your sector, helping you to achieve your creative and commercial goals. We focus not only on IP disputes but also on portfolio management to provide extensive range of legal support for our clients.