China Outbound Investments
Ranked as a Top 10 global law firm, CMS serves you in over 40 jurisdictions and more than 70 offices worldwide. 4,800 CMS lawyers offer business-focused advice tailored to your needs, whether in your local market or across multiple jurisdictions.
To provide you with practical legal advice, we establish a number of cross-border Practice Areas and Sector Groups with representatives from different CMS jurisdictions. Our Practice Areas and Sector Groups provide you with integrated services combined with leading-edge industry sector capability.
Our Practice Areas
Our Sector Groups
CMS has extensive experience in advising Chinese companies on outbound investments, such as mergers and acquisitions (M&A), the establishment of a joint venture or setting up a subsidiary overseas. We are in particular familiar with all regulatory aspects of outbound investments, including the filing and approval requirements in China and the investment control in foreign jurisdictions.
Many of our lawyers frequently work with Chinese clients and are familiar with both Chinese and local business cultures. Some of them are fluent in Mandarin. They can therefore bridge cultural and language gaps and help to build up trust between our Chinese client and the local seller, partner or authority – which is essential for a successful investment.
Here in China, we support you in your time zone and in your language. We offer you a single point of contact in your home country. Your trusted CMS lawyer will coordinate all legal advice across the involved jurisdictions and make sure that you will get consistent high quality advice for all aspects of your investment.
For support for your China outbound business, please contact us via the online form, email or telephone.
The following is a selection of our relevant experience, which includes:
- Advising Yongfeng Group on the acquisition of the German prefabricated construction group Bürkle
- Advising Chinese cable manufacturer Jiangsu Zhongtian Technology Co., Ltd. (ZTT) on the acquisition of the Turkish company Demirer Kablo
- Advising China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC) on the acquisition of the German company CIDEON Engineering and CIDEON Switzerland
- Advising HNA Group on the sale of TIP Trailer Services (a leading equipment service provider headquartered in Amsterdam and operating in 17 countries) to I Squared Capital
- Advising Powerway Group Co., Ltd. on the acquisition of Berkenhoff GmbH
- Advising Jiangxi AIWAYS Entity Co., Ltd. on its joint venture to develop electric sports cars with the sports car manufacturer Roland Gumpert
- Advising Chinese water pump manufacturer Shimge on the acquisition of the WITA Group in Germany and Poland
- Advising a large home appliance manufacturer in China on merger control in numerous jurisdictions regarding its planned acquisition of a European company
- Advising Joyou AG as the target on the takeover bid for all outstanding shares by Grohe Asia AG
- Advising Qingdao Machinery Industry Corporation on the acquisition of the insolvent Künkel-Wagner Prozesstechnologie GmbH and on the establishment of its first international subsidiary
- Advising a Chinese state-owned construction machinery manufacturer on emission standards in various European jurisdictions as well as on standard distribution agreements
- Advising a Chinese state-owned enterprise on establishing a hospital in Africa
- Advising a Chinese state-owned container shipping company on establishing agencies in several European countries