3rd Benelux Private Equity Breakfast
Amsterdam, NetherlandsShow location
CMS, one of the world’s largest law firms, and international executive search firm Pedersen & Partners are delighted to invite you to the 3rd edition of their joint Benelux Private Equity Breakfast, which will be held in Amsterdam on Thursday, 16 May 2019, between 8:00 and 10:30.
The event will have leading speakers from the private equity industry, the management recruitment and the legal field. It will cover many current issues in the private equity sector.
We have the following confirmed speakers:
Brigitte van der Maarel
NIBC Bank, Head of Mezzanine & Equity Partners
3i, Director Benelux Private Equity
Kempen & Co, Head of European Real Estate,
Diversified Industries & Services
Riverside Europe, Vice President
Franck de Lange
ABN AMRO, Head of Leveraged Finance Europe
Pieter van Duijvenvoorde
CMS, Corporate/M&A Partner
The panel discussion will be held in English and will be moderated by
Poul Pedersen, Managing Partner Pedersen & Partners and Mark Ziekman, Partner Corporate/M&A CMS.
Pedersen & Partners, Managing Partner
CMS, Partner Corporate/M&A
It will among other things cover:
- Recent developments and trends in the Dutch/Benelux M&A market – including deal-flow, valuations, funding, availability of credit for leveraged financing, exit routes and strategies, co-investments;
- High opportunity sectors and market segments – Fintech, Life Sciences, Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), renewable energy, internet of things, artificial intelligence, e-commerce, Edtech;
- Value creation - portfolio management & asset class strategies, turnaround and change management, succession planning, talent retention, disconnect between valuations and company performance;
- Impact from the geopolitical arena and external factors: Brexit negotiations, US trade barriers and sanctions, migrant crisis, globalisation, rise of nationalism and EU scepticism;
- Outbound investment destinations - what geographies or regions have the highest potential for Dutch PE firms and their portfolio companies (EU, Africa, Eastern Europe, Asia, USA?);
- early stage investing in start-ups and SMEs - the role of Venture Capital/Venture Debt and the rise of ICO as an alternative means of funding;
- Fund raising environment - who are the main sources of inbound capital? pension funds, insurance companies, family offices, sovereign wealth funds, multilaterals, funds of funds.
Who is the event for
Decision makers from private equity funds, asset managers, venture capital funds, investment banks, development finance institutions, family offices and corporate investors.
This event is free of charge. Please feel free to forward this invitation to a colleague who you think would benefit from attending this event. You will receive a confirmation of participation one week before the event.