Tilal Complex, Muscat Grand Mall
3rd Floor, Building No. 5, PO Box 41
Ben Ewing heads up our CMS Office in Oman. His practice encompasses all aspects of corporate and commercial law, with a particular focus on global business projects, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and cross-border transactions.
Ben has represented buyers, sellers and investors in all aspects of trade across a broad range of industry sectors, including finance, construction, commercial law, oil and gas, power and water, renewables, media and entertainment, telecommunications, manufacturing and distribution. He also advises corporate entities, government institutions and joint ventures on a wide variety of trade and finance transactions and has gained experience of many multi-jurisdictional transactions. Ben has been based within the region for over seven years, working throughout the various jurisdictions of the GCC and wider MENA region.
Before joining CMS, Ben qualified as a barrister-at-law and worked in the United Arab Emirates for and on behalf of a leading US-headquartered law firm.
Ben received his LLB from the University of Durham in 2000. He was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2007.
- An Omani government entity in relation to Omani Royal Decree 60/2013 and its practical effect on introducing a number of amendments to the Omani Public Tender Law (Royal Decree 36/2008).
- A large Omani construction company in relation to its tender submissions for a major infrastructure project in Oman.
- A leading private equity entity in relation to its proposed acquisition of a minority stake in UAE-based university.
- A US-company on the drafting and negotiation of an Omani agency agreement for the distribution of products throughout Oman.
- An international drilling company on its corporate set up within the Sultanate of Oman and its on-going corporate governance and compliance obligations.
- One of the largest global telecommunication companies in respect of its joint venture with Global Telecommunications Corporation (a Vietnamese state-owned enterprise) and GTEL TSC (a subsidiary of GTEL).
- Setting-up and providing on-going legal advice to Delta Hydrocarbons B.V., the upstream oil and gas services company.
- One of the largest global telecommunication companies in relation to its acquisition of a 90% stake in Sotelco for frequency licensing and mobile network rights in Cambodia.
- 2007 – Solicitor, England and Wales
- 2007 - Barrister-at-Law, Middle Temple, London, Uk
- 2002 - The Inns of Court School of Law, London, UK
- 2000 - Law, LLB (Hons), Durham University, Durham, UK