Tilal Complex, Muscat Grand Mall
3rd Floor, Building No. 6, PO Box 41
Mary is a partner in our Middle East Projects Team. Mary has worked in the Middle East for over 20 years, advising both private and public sector clients across the energy and infrastructure sector. During that time, she has been involved in the region’s ongoing programme of independent power projects and water desalination projects, advising governments on regulatory issues for new power and water projects. Mary has also developed expertise in relation to Oman corporate and commercial law, particularly as applicable to energy and infrastructure projects and privatisations.
- Petroleum Development Oman LLC - advising on its competitive procurement of the first utility-size solar IPP in Oman.
- Privatisation of Oman’s Electricity and related water sectors - advised the Oman Government in relation to the restructuring, privatisation and independent regulation of its electricity and related water sectors including the drafting of the related Sector Law and its 2009 amendments. Advised the Oman Government in relation to the establishment of the Public Authority for Electricity and Water (PAEW) including in relation to the drafting of PAEW’s by-laws establishing its electricity and potable water competencies promulgated by Sultani Decree 48/09.
- Designing a new Oman IPP procurement process - Currently advising OPWP on the redesign of its existing private sector contracted electricity capacity procurement process, to introduce greater flexibility with enhanced electricity procurement outcomes for Oman.
- Unbundling and corporatisation of Oman’s electricity sector - advised Electricity Holding Company SAOC on the incorporation of the article 66 Sector Law companies and the implementation of the Sector Law Transfer Scheme to effect such transfers.
- Oman’s template IPP/IWP procurement documents - advised the Oman Government in relation to its procurement of Oman’s first tIPP and IWPP (Al Kamil and Barka 1).
- Privatisation of the Salalah Power System - advised OPWP on the privatisation of the Salalah power system by grant of a concession on a vertically integrated BOOT basis.
- Musandam IPP - advising OPWP in relation to its procurement of the Musandam IPP, a single source procurement.
- Salalah IWPP - advised OPWP in relation to its procurement of the Salalah IWPP, a BOO project.
- Sohar IWPP - advised OPWP on its procurement of the Sohar IWPP. The project was designated Project Finance Deal of the Year 2004 by Project Finance Magazine.
- Electricity Holding Company SAOC - advised EHC in relation to the procurement of supplies under a medium term framework arrangement for EHC’s subsidiaries in Oman’s power and related water sector.
- Oman Power and Water Procurement Company SAOC - Advised OPWP in relation to its power purchase agreement with Rural Areas Electricity Company SAOC and a temporary power purchase agreement with Dhofar Power Company SAOC.
LPC at College of Law, York
CPE, Birmingham University, Birmingham
BA Honours Degree in English Language and Literature, Manchester University, Manchester