Av. Santa María 110
Germán has extensive experience in the development of electrical projects with renewable and non-renewable technologies, managing the permissibility required for the construction and operation of hydroelectric plants, sub stations and transmission lines. He also specializes in the acquisition and reclamation of real estate property for electricity generation projects.
Provides advice on public and private power supply tendering, negotiation and drafting of electricity supply contracts for regulated users and free users, interconnection agreements, electricity easements and disputes arising from the electricity sector.
He is a specialist in the negotiation, preparation and execution of construction contracts and consulting contracts, in its various modalities. He has participated in numerous processes for the selection of executors and construction consultants convened by private companies, state entities, autonomous agencies and international organizations, either with their own resources or by international operations indebtedness.
He has extensive experience in rebuttal and sanctioning procedures before the State Procurement Supervisory Entity (OSCE) and in the settlement of disputes and arbitration disputes related to construction and consulting.
Germán joined CMS Grau in 2015. Previously, he worked as Head of the Legal Department in DESSAU, where he was involved in the development of important hydroelectric projects.
He also participated in the negotiation and execution of various EPC contracts financed by the World Bank, Japan International Cooperation Agency - JICA and the Inter-American Development Bank. He participated in important controversies and arbitration disputes in the branches of Peru, Chile and Bolivia.
- Leading lawyer of the electric legal advice provided in the financing of the construction of La Virgen Hydroelectric Power Plant.
- Lawyer in the electricity area in charge of Due Diligence for the acquisition of the Fenix Thermoelectric Plant (534.3 MW), which has a significant stake in the Peruvian generation market.
- Lawyer in the electricity area in charge of Due Diligence related to the private tender of the Termochilca Thermoelectric Power Plant (197.6 MW), which has a significant participation in the Peruvian generation market.
- Lawyer for the electricity area in charge of Due Diligence related to the private tender of the Chaglla Hydroelectric Power Plant (406 MW), which has a significant stake in the Peruvian generation market.
- Lawyer in the electricity area in charge of Due Diligence related to the private bidding of the Duke Energy Group's electricity companies in Peru (538 MW in total), consisting of two hydroelectric plants, two hydroelectric plants with renewable energy resources, a Thermoelectric Power Plant and two Transmission Lines with approximately 560 km of extension.
- Lawyer in the electricity area in charge of the legal advice given to the bidder in the Fourth Renewable Energy Auction convened by OSINERGMIN.
- Participation in the negotiation and closing of the EPC Supervision Contract for the construction of the “Ocho de Agosto” Hydroelectric Power Plant and the “El Carmen” Hydroelectric Power Plant.
- Obtaining of the Definitive Generation Concession and the permit (EIA, CIRA, easement and water permits) for the projects "Quitaracsa Hydroelectric Power Plant", "Tarucani Hydroelectric Power Plant", "Bello Horizonte Hydroelectric Power Plant", "El Carmen Hydroelectric Power Plant" and “Central Hidroeléctrica Ocho de Agosto".
- Successful development of the amparo proceeding to restore the definitive concession for generation of the "Tarucani Hydroelectric Power Plant".
- Participation in Negotiation and purchase of real estate property for the project "Central Hydroelectric Veracruz" reservoir.
- 2014 – International Finance, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- 2014 – Finance and Corporate Law Master’s Degree, Universidad ESAN.
- 2012 – Advanced Specialization in State Procurement, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- 2012 – Procedure for the Execution of Public Procurement, Universidad de Lima.
- 2007 – Construction Law Diploma, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas.
- 2001 – Law degree, Universidad San Martín de Porres.
- Lima Bar Association (CAL)