Av. Santa María 110
Giancarlo specializes in Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs), Projects in Assets, Works for Tax benefits (OxI), Promotion and Development of Investment Projects and Public Management.
He is part of CMS Grau's Projects and Infrastructure area since 2014. Giancarlo led technical, financial and legal teams as Head of Port and Airport Projects in PROINVERSIÓN, being responsible for the promotion of private investment in outstanding investment projects via PPPs. He also served as a legal counsel in PROINVERSIÓN, actively participating in the design and conduct of private investment promotion processes for various infrastructure projects processed via PPPs or Asset Projects.
He was an Executive in the National Financing Fund of the State Business Activity (FONAFE) Holding Company of the Peruvian State attached to the Economy and Finance Ministry in charge of regulating and directing its Business Activity. Among his main tasks was the evaluation and control of business activities under the scope of FONAFE. He was also a Legal Advisor at FONAFE, providing advice on corporate issues related to the State Business Activity, as well as issues related to public administration, such as: conflict of competencies, remedies, sanctions and other matters related to Administrative Law. Giancarlo also participated in the design and support of standards and directives related to State Business Activity and processes of promotion of private investment, public services, consolidated (corporate) purchases, etc.
He has published several articles in leading national magazines, and participated as a spokesman and lecturer in various academic events in matters related to his specialty.
- Advising an investment company from Spain in the design, processing and evaluation of private initiatives (unsolicited proposals) on nationally funded Public-Private Partnerships in the education, health and transport sectors.
- Advising a Spanish construction and engineering company in the processing and evaluation of private initiatives (unsolicited proposals) on national, regional and local cofinanced Public-Private Partnerships in the education, transport, housing and environment sectors.
- Advising several national companies in the processing of projects through the regime of Works for Tax benefits (OxI).
- Advice to an international company on its participation in private investment promotion process of for the “Longitudinal of the Sierra” project Section 4.
- Advice to an international company in its participation in private investment promotion process for the Huancayo – Huancavelica Railway Project.
- Advising a national investor in the design and processing of a self-financed private initiative related to a project of social interest housing investment of regional hierarchy.
- Advice to a French investor in its participation in private investment promotion processes of national hierarchy projects convened by state initiative, as well as in the processing and evaluation of the presented private initiatives.
- Advice to consortiums of international companies in the design, processing and evaluation of private initiatives on national self-financing Public-Private Partnerships in the transport sector.
- Advice to the Agency for the Promotion of Private Investment - PROINVERSIÓN in the processing, evaluation and promotion of the Private Initiative for the Modernization of the Salaverry Port Terminal through an Public-Private Partnership.
- Responsible of the integral projects contest for the concession delivery of the "General San Martín" Port Terminal located in the Province of Pisco, Department of Ica which involves an investment of US $ 120 MM.
- 2016 – Specialization in Public – Private Partnerships in Peru: Analysis of the New Legal Framework.Economy and Finance Ministry and the Interamerican Finance Bank (Banco Interamericano de Finanzas – BID)
- 2016 – Specialization in Public Private Partnerships: Implementing Solutions in Latin America and the Caribbean.Interamerican Finance Bank (Banco Interamericano de Finanzas – BID)
- 2008 – Financing of Transport Infrastructure Diploma, Instituto de Comercio Exterior y Fundación CEDDET.
- 2005 – Concessions and Infrastructure Law Diploma, Postgraduate School - Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas.
- 2003 – Master in Business Administration, EADA Business School.
- 2001 – Finance and Business Law Postgraduate degree, Universidad ESAN.
- 1997 – Law degree, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Lima Bar Association (CAL)
- Universidad del Pacífico – professor in subjects related to Public Private Associations.
- Speaker at the conference "Acquisition and Liberation of Buildings: From Theory to Practice" organized by AFIN. 2016.
- Speaker at the "Update Seminar - Public Private Partnerships. Its application to the Light of Legislative Decree No. 1224 and its Regulations", organized by the magazine Cathedra Ley. Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos. 2016.
- Speaker at the presentation of the New Regime for the "Development of Infrastructure in Peru. Analysis of the amendments to the Framework Law on PPPs ", organized by AFIN. 2015
- Speaker at the "Peruvian Infrastructure Summit" organized by Markets Groups. 2015
- Speaker at the "First Seminar on Private Investment", organized by the Research Workshop on Administrative Law, Faculty of Law and Political Science of the UNMSM. 2015
- Moderator at the "Peruvian Summit of Capital Projects & Infrastructure", conducted by Latin Markets. 2014.
- Speaker at the XI International Forum of Ports - Competitiveness, Infrastructure and Port Investment, carried out by the Lima Chamber of Commerce and the Maritime, Port and Customs Affairs Committee. 2012.
- Lecturer in the "I Summer Course: Public Private Associations of Public Works of Infrastructure and Public Services", carried out by the Research Workshop on Administrative Law of the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos. 2012.