Av. Santa María 110
Miguel specializes in banking and finance, project finance, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and corporate law. He has significant experience in the financing, sale and acquisition of projects relating to natural resources, mainly in the hydrocarbons, energy and mining sectors; and during the last years he has collaborated closely with the regulatory and environmental teams of these practice areas, which allows him to provide comprehensive advice on transactions and its operations.
Among the most important clients Miguel has advised are multilateral and development banks such as CAF, DEG, PROPARCO and FMO, having also counseled local and foreign financial institutions and investment funds such as Credicorp Capital, Interbank, Falabella Bank, BBM Bank, Locfund, Rabobank, Natixis and Westpac. He also advises companies associated with the exploitation of natural resources and extractive activities and retail companies in transactional matters, such as Río Tinto, Antamina, Enagás, Savia, Silver Wheaton, Shell, Boart Longyear, Colbún and the Falabella Group.
Likewise, Miguel advises companies with securities listed in the Peruvian securities market such as Falabella Perú, Saga Falabella, Falabella Bank, Milpo, among others, and has advised various mining companies in their listing and delisting procedures in the junior segment of the Lima Stock Exchange. He has also been a senior attorney at La Fiduciaria S.A., acquiring an important knowledge regarding the nature, application and operation of autonomous assets and trusts, mainly banking trusts.
At the academic level, Miguel has been adjunct professor of civil law and of securities market regulation at the Universidad de Lima and the Universidad Nacional Mayor San Marcos, respectively. As a law student, he was part of Advocatus Law Review, and he is currently a member of the Advocatus Nonprofit Association.
Miguel joined CMS Grau in 2007 and was promoted to partner in 2018.
- GASPIPELINE PROJECT FINANCE: Counsel to Enagás International on the project financing of the Peruvian Southern Gas Pipeline for US$ 4,200 million.
- SALE OF MINING PROJECT: Counsel to Glencore Xstrata on the sale of the Las Bambas Project for an approximate amount of US$ 5,000 million.
- GLOBAL TRANSNATIONAL GROUP FINANCING: Counsel to the Boart Longyear Group on the issue of bonds under Rule 144-A and a syndicated financing for an approximate amount of US$ 450 million.
- FINANCING FOR THE ACQUISITION OF MINING STREAM: Counsel to Silver Wheaton on the financing of the Hudbay Group for the construction and implementation of the Constancia Project for an approximate amount of US$ 500 million.
- ACQUISITION AND FINANCING OF A HOME IMPROVEMENT COMPANY: Counsel to the Falabella Group in the acquisition and financing for the acquisition of Maestro Perú S.A. for US$ 490 million.
- PROJECT FINANCE FOR HYDROELECTRIC PLANT: Counsel to Empresa Eléctrica Agua Azul and its shareholders on the financing of a central hydroelectric plant for US$ 50 million.
- PROJECT FINANCE FOR UNDERGROUND: Counsel to Rivera Navarrete Parking in the financing granted by Interbank for an approximate amount of US$ 35 million in what was the first project finance relating to the construction of an underground parking project in the city of Lima.
- SYNDICATED LOAN TO INTERNATIONAL GROUP: Counsel to Westpac Banking Corporation on the granting of various syndicated lending facilities to a major global engineering group for more than US$ 150 million.
- FINANCING FOR RETAIL AND EDUCATION COMPANIES: Counsel to Interbank in a financing facility to real estate companies of the Brescia Group for more than US$ 70 million, and in the structuring of securitized bonds to finance the expansion of operations of Innova Schools for PEN S/. 150 million.
- ACQUISITION OF SOLAR ENERGY PLANT: Counsel to an international consortium led by Colbún in the acquisition of Fénix Power S.A. for an approximate amount of US$ 730 million.
- 2007 – J.D., Law Degree, Universidad de Lima School of Law, Peru.