Head of Tax
Head of Tax
Warsaw Financial Centre
ul. Emilii Plater 53
Andrzej Pośniak, a lawyer and a Polish-qualified tax advisor, is Managing Partner and Head of the Tax Team in the Corporate / M&A Department at CMS and the Tax Practice in CEE, as well as a Board Member of the CMS Tax Practice Group worldwide. He leads one of the top tax teams in Poland consisting of 14 experts with extensive experience of providing legal and tax advisory services to clients from a range of industries.
Andrzej specialises in tax and corporate law, focusing on transfer pricing, value added tax and corporate income tax matters. He also advises on the tax aspects of JV/consortium structures, international tax and corporate planning and restructuring of multinational companies, as well as M&A transactions.
Andrzej is the author of a large number of publications focusing on legal-tax issues, and regularly appears as a tax expert on nationwide TV. He also conducts tax seminars, workshops and professional training sessions.
Andrzej’s clients include: Saipem, Techint, International Paper, Pramerica, AIG, First Title Insurance, Euclid Transactional, mBank S.A. and Bank PKO BP S.A.
- Saipem SpA (ENI Group) and Techint SpA on their establishment and operations in Poland, as well as on the construction of an LNG Terminal in Swinoujscie (value of approx. EUR 692m). Andrzej lead a team of lawyers which won a court case against the Polish Minister of Finance; the value of the subject of the case exceeded EUR 250m.
- Philip Morris on day-to-day tax matters, including excise duty on tobacco products.
- Pramerica investment funds on the corporate / tax aspects of real estate transactions and business restructurings in Poland.
- British Vita (UK) on day-to-day tax and corporate matters.
- UniCredit Bank Austria on the corporate / tax aspects of restructuring its facilities portfolio in Poland.
- mBank S.A. (owned by Commerzbank AG) on the corporate / tax aspects of issuing and structuring covered bonds and bancassurance activity.
- BANK PKO BP S.A. (the biggest Polish commercial bank) on the corporate / tax structure of insurance activity in Poland.
- 2007 - Certified Tax Adviser, National Chamber of Tax Advisers
- 2005 - MA in Economics, Faculty of Economics, Management and Finance at the Graduate School of Business Economics in Warsaw
- 2004 - MA in Law, Faculty of Law at Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw
- Member, National Chamber of Tax Advisers in Warsaw