Head of Tax
Head of Tax
Warsaw Financial Centre
ul. Emilii Plater 53
Andrzej Pośniak, a Polish-qualified tax advisor, is a partner in the Tax Team.
He specialises in tax and corporate law, focusing on transfer pricing, value added tax and corporate income tax matters. He also advises on the tax aspects of JV/consortium structures, international tax and corporate planning and restructuring multinational companies, as well as M&A transactions.
Before joining CMS, Andrzej worked with several well-known international companies including a major European leasing company and one of the “Big Four” consulting firms. He is the author of a large number of publications focusing on legal-tax issues, and regularly appears as a tax expert on nationwide TV. He also conducts tax seminars, workshops and professional training sessions.
- Saipem SpA (ENI Group) and Techint SpA on their establishment and operations in Poland, as well as on the construction of an LNG Terminal in Swinoujscie (value of approx. EUR 692m). Andrzej lead a team of lawyers which won a court case against the Polish Minister of Finance; the value of the subject of the case exceeded EUR 250m.
- Philip Morris on day-to-day tax matters, including excise duty on tobacco products.
- Pramerica investment funds on the corporate / tax aspects of real estate transactions and business restructurings in Poland.
- British Vita (UK) on day-to-day tax and corporate matters.
- UniCredit Bank Austria on the corporate / tax aspects of restructuring its facilities portfolio in Poland.
- mBank S.A. (owned by Commerzbank AG) on the corporate / tax aspects of issuing and structuring covered bonds and bancassurance activity.
- BANK PKO BP S.A. (the biggest Polish commercial bank) on the corporate / tax structure of insurance activity in Poland.
- 2007 - Certified Tax Adviser, National Chamber of Tax Advisers
- 2005 - MA in Economics, Faculty of Economics, Management and Finance at the Graduate School of Business Economics in Warsaw
- 2004 - MA in Law, Faculty of Law at Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw
- Member, National Chamber of Tax Advisers in Warsaw