Co-Head of Corporate/M&A
Co-Head of Corporate/M&A
Warsaw Financial Centre
ul. Emilii Plater 53
Dariusz Greszta is a partner and Co-Head of the Corporate/M&A department at CMS Poland.
He focuses on M&A, private equity, capital markets and restructuring work. Dariusz has extensive experience advising both on the buy and sell side in large acquisitions, capital markets transactions (including public-to-private deals) and corporate restructurings. He represents leading private equity houses, investment banks, private and public companies.
Dariusz has been repeatedly singled out as a leading Corporate, M&A and Private Equity expert by the Chambers Europe and Legal 500 EMEA legal directories.
- CVC Capital Partners on the acquisition of state-owned company PKP Energetyka S.A., one of the major sellers of electricity, including electric traction power (for rail carriers), from Polish State Railways in the tender process. The transaction value was PLN 1.41bn.
- Hong Kong-listed China Everbright International Limited, a leading player in China's environmental protection industry and the first one-stop integrated environmental solution provider in the country, on the EUR123 million acquisition of Novago, a leader in waste processing and the largest producer of alternative fuel in Poland, from private equity fund Abris Capital Partners. This is the largest single Chinese investment made in Poland to date, and the largest acquisition in the environmental treatment industry in Central & Eastern Europe.
- Oresa Ventures and founders of the Trinity Group on the exit from the investment in Trinity Group - provider of management and accounting services in the Central & Eastern European region.
- Mid Europa Partners on the acquisition through privatisation process of Polskie Koleje Linowe (Polish Cable Railways).
- Holtzbrinck Digital GmbH on the sale of Money.pl to Wirtualna Polska Holding S.A. and private equity fund Innova Capital.
- Apator S.A. (the leading Polish provider of utility meters, connection equipment and IT solutions) on the acquisition of a 100% stake in Przedsiebiorstwo Wdrożeń Postępu Technicznego Elkomtech S.A.
- Eurobank Ergasias on a transfer of a 100% stake in Polbank EFG to Raiffeisen Bank Polska.
- GE Capital International Financing Corporation on an approximately EUR 625.5m acquisition of Bank BPH, the Polish banking business of UniCredit and universal bank listed on the WSE, followed by a merger.
- LW Bogdanka (a listed Polish coal producer) in a successful defence against a hostile takeover attempt by NWR N.V.
- Amica Wronki (a listed producer of white goods based in Poland) on a restructuring project involving a PLN 223m (approx. EUR 56m) sale of washing machine and refrigerator factories to Samsung Electronics.
1994 – Master of Laws (LLM), International Busines Law (the US and International securities law concentration), University of Houston Law Center, Houston, USA
1993 – Post Graduate International Trade Program, George Brown College, Toronto, Canada
1992 – Master of Laws, Faculty of Law, Jagiellonian University, Cracow
Member, District Chamber of Legal Advisors in Olsztyn