CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang
CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang
6th Floor, 38 Volodymyrska Street
Warsaw Financial Centre
ul. Emilii Plater 53
78 Cannon Street
Graham Conlon is a partner and English-qualified solicitor, the Co-Head of International Private Equity, and the Managing Partner and Head of Corporate/M&A for CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang Ukraine. Graham divides his time between Warsaw and Kyiv.
He has a regional role and advises on private equity and M&A transactions throughout Europe, and beyond. Graham trained and spent many years working for Linklaters, advising on several high-profile cross-border transactions.
Graham holds a Masters in Finance from the London Business School (with a principal focus on corporate finance and M&A/private equity) and clients have remarked that Graham is "very pragmatic" and "very commercial" in his approach. He is ranked by Chambers and Partners, the Legal 500 and other legal directories.
- Advent International across five jurisdictions on the acquisition and subsequent EUR 315m sale to Pamplona of Partner in Pet Food, a leading European manufacturer of private-label pet food.
- TELE-FONIKA Kable S.A. on its acquisition of JDR Cable Systems (Holdings) Ltd. (“JDR”) - a leading supplier of subsea umbilicals and power cables to the offshore energy industry, headquartered in the UK.
- On the USD 100m joint venture with Cargill for the construction of a new grain terminal in Ukraine’s Black Sea port of Yuzhni.
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on its EUR 25m equity investment in Żabka, one of Poland’s leading food retailers.
- Amica Wronki S.A. on the acquisition of the CDA Group Limited, a UK-based retailer of high quality kitchen appliances.
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of Slovenian Trimo Group, a leading provider of complete solutions for building envelopes and steel facade systems.
- Horizon Capital on the sale of Ciklum, a leading global software engineering and solutions company to George Soros’s Ukrainian Redevelopment Fund LP.
- On the acquisition of a major Italian-headquartered construction company.
- One of the exiting shareholders on the sale of Spanish cable operator Ono to Vodafone for a reported enterprise value of EUR 7.2bn.
- Horizon Capital and Zubr Capital on the sale of MTBank, the largest privately owned bank in Belarus.
- A consortium led by Bancroft Private Equity on its sale to East Capital Explorer of a majority stake in Starman (the leading Estonian cable TV and broadband services provider in Estonia) for an Enterprise Value of EUR 107m.
- Royal Bank of Scotland on the sale of its retail banking business in Kazakhstan to HSBC by way of an auction.
- A consortium of private equity investors (including Citi Venture Capital International) on the acquisition and subsequent EUR 1.6bn disposal (the largest private equity deal in Central and South Eastern Europe at the time) of the entire issued share capital held in Mobiltel EAD (the Bulgarian mobile-phone provider) to Telekom Austria.
- Ciments Français on the disposal of shares to, and the cross-border simultaneous acquisition of shares from, Verny Capital (one of the largest private equity investment management groups in Kazakhstan and the Central Asian region) in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of a major stake in a leading telecommunications company, Voxtel SA, in the Republic of Moldova.
- On the acquisition of Troika Dialog Bank in Russia.
- On the USD 250m leveraged acquisition by two private equity sponsors, including Citi Venture Capital International, of a Turkish generic pharmaceutical manufacturing company.
- In relation to the sale of a 30% stake in UTI Group (a leading Romanian technology and defence company).
2013 - Masters in Finance, London Business School, London, UK
2001 - Diploma in Legal Practice, Nottingham Law School, Nottingham, UK
2000 - LL.B (Hons), University of London, King’s College, London, UK