Warsaw Financial Centre
ul. Emilii Plater 53
Ludwina Klein is an advocate and a senior associate in the Real Estate and Construction Department at CMS Poland.
Ludwina specialises in construction disputes, commercial disputes and arbitration. She has provided advice for clients and represented clients in large-scale and complex construction disputes, including disputes arising out of contracts based on FIDIC contract conditions. She has also advised clients on various stages of enforcement proceedings, including assistance in obtaining recognition and enforcement in Poland of arbitral awards.
She has authored publications relating to international arbitration
- Torpol S.A. / Astaldi S.p.A.: providing advice to the consortium leader of the general contractor constructing the Nowa Łódź Fabryczna railway station, including advice related to relations with employers, subcontractors and designers, as well as representation in several court disputes and in mediation proceedings, including multimillion disputes concerning claims against employer relating to extension of time for completion due to disruptions as well as costs of additional works.
- A general contractor: representing the client in multimillion court disputes, injunction proceedings and mediation proceedings, concerning claims against the employer relating to extension of time for completion due to disruptions, costs of additional works and unpaid remuneration as well as the employer’s claims concerning contractual penalties and demands for payment under the guarantee.
- A general designer and his subcontractor: representing both designers in multimillion and multiparty disputes arising out of renovation of a stadium (in relation to EURO 2012) and concerning mutual compensation claims of the general contractor and the employer.
- Torpol S.A.: providing legal advice in connection with the contract for the design and performance of construction works for the purpose modernising the E75 Rail Baltica (Warsaw – Białystok – Lithuanian border) railway, stage I.
- A Polish subsidiary of a multinational steel and mining corporation: representing in ICC arbitration relating to a real estate transaction.
- A Polish subsidiary of a multinational manufacturer and distributor of wire ropes: representing in ICC arbitration during a post-M&A dispute.
- A multinational producer and distributor of quality beverages: representing in SCC arbitration during a post-M&A dispute.
- A real estate investor (claimant): representing in a construction dispute against a general contractor regarding liability for building defects under quality guarantee.
- Master’s Degree in Law, Faculty of Law, Administration and Economics, University of Wroclaw
- LL.M. in International Corporate and Commercial Law, York Law School, University of York, York
- School of Italian and European Law, University of Warsaw in association with University of Catania
- Diploma – Language Studies (EFL, Italian, German), Leeds Beckett University, Leeds
- Summer School in International Commercial Contracts, University of Bologna and University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- District Chamber of Advocates in Warsaw