Warsaw Financial Centre
ul. Emilii Plater 53
Marek Trzos-Rastawiecki a Polish-qualified attorney-at-law and a Counsel in the Banking and Finance Department at CMS. Leader of Financial Regulations Team in Warsaw.
For the last 16 years Marek has been advising domestic and foreign regulated and non-regulated entities (including banks, brokerage houses and investment funds) on financial regulatory matters, derivatives transactions as well as capital markets law. He works on regulatory as well as transactional projects.
He provides lectures and training on legal regulations of the financial market.
- Coordinating implementation of MiFID 2 and MiFIR in major Polish banks including mBank, BNP Paribas, Raiffeisen, Bank Handlowy w Warszawie (Citigroup), Bank Millenium.
- On MiFID 2 issues at major Polish energy companies.
- Negotiating ISDA, GMRA, OSLA, EFET, IETA agreements and other agreements relating to financial instruments for domestic and foreign banks and brokerage houses (including inter-bank and client-related documentations), investment funds, insurance companies, energy companies and other corporations.
- Implementation of EMIR regulation at Polish banks including issuing of related legal opinions.
- Polish banks on CRR issues, including MREL requirements, as well BRRD aspects.
- GPW Benchmark in relation to the benchmark reform (BMR), focusing on WIBOR.
- On public and private bond offerings, including EMTN issues, as well as on the implementation of changes to the law on bonds.
- mBank on legal aspects relating to CO2 emission allowances trading.
- A major Polish bank on the introduction of commodity derivatives products.
- Foreign investment funds on passporting into Poland as well as on regulatory aspects of local law.
- Working on standard documentation for derivatives contracts as well as for Repo and BSB transactions for the Polish Banks Association.
- Preparing hedging documentations for major Polish banks based on derivatives adjusted for the purpose of international syndicated credit loans.
- Domestic and foreign banks, investment firms and other financial institutions on banking law issues, trading in financial instruments and legal conditions relating to investment funds and insurance institutions.
- Negotiating documentation and advising on the sale of majority stakes in public companies listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, including advice relating to tender offers, squeeze out and de-listing (advice to private equity funds, corporations and private owners).
- On the acquisition of a Polish bank (subsidiary of an international banking group).
- Coordinating legal advice with reference to IPOs and SPOs.
2004 - Master of Laws, University of Warsaw, Warsaw
2003 - The British Centre for English and European Law at Warsaw University in cooperation with Cambridge University, University of Warsaw
District Chamber of Legal Advisors in Warsaw