Head of Banking & Finance, CEE
Head of Banking & Finance, CEE
Warsaw Financial Centre
ul. Emilii Plater 53
Mark Segall is a partner in the firm’s International Banking & Finance team, based in CMS Warsaw.
He specialises in structured trade and commodity finance with an emphasis on the agricultural and natural resources sectors. He is also renowned for his experience in advising international clients on cross-border corporate and syndicated finance transactions in Central and Eastern Europe. He is particularly active in advising international lenders on financings provided to Ukrainian and Russian corporates.
Mark is a member of the Loan Market Association's Developing Markets Working Group and is regularly involved in developing LMA standard documentation tailored to the CEE/CIS markets. He is ranked by Chambers Europe and Chambers Global as a leading lawyer and as a Foreign Expert based in the Czech Republic.
Before joining CMS, Mark was a Director in UniCredit’s London branch with a particular focus on the CEE/CIS region. He has more than 14 years of professional experience.
- UniCredit and ING in relation to a USD 100m financing to agribusiness Kernel, the largest vertically-integrated agro-industrial company in Ukraine.
- ING, leading a group of banks including Raiffeisen and Arab Bank (Switzerland), in relation to a pre-crop and pre-export facility to a leading Ukrainian agribusiness.
- UniCredit, ING and Deutsche Bank in relation to a USD 500m sunflower oil based pre-export transaction for the Kernel.
- ING in relation to a USD 25m pre-export financing for Astarta Holding, the Warsaw-listed Ukrainian agro-industrial business.
- Deutsche Bank, Erste, Raiffeisen, Gazprombank and UniCredit in relation to a USD 375m coal pre-export prepayment facility for DTEK, the largest privately-owned, vertically-integrated energy company in Ukraine.
- UniCredit, ING, Sberbank, Gazprombank and UniCredit on a EUR 416m loan to DTEK.
- UniCredit, Raiffeisen and Sberbank in relation to a 5-year USD 250m loan to GeoProMining, a diversified metals resource company operating gold and copper mines in Russia and Armenia.
- UniCredit as the leader of a syndicate of 19 banks including Société Générale, Crédit Agricole, Erste Group and Raiffeisen in relation to a EUR 470m loan to Serbian state-owned telecom provider Telekom Srbija.
- Alior Bank and Bank Zachodni on a PLN 400m super senior multicurrency revolving credit facility for Polish mobile telephone operator Play, which was provided alongside a EUR 870m three-tranche high yield bond issue.
- Raiffeisen in relation to a financing, in connection with the cross-border acquisition of a logistics portfolio consisting of assets in Romania and Poland by the European logistics giant, Point Park Properties (P3).
- 1993 - MTh. (First Class Hons), University of St Andrews, St Andrews
- 1998-1999 - Common Professional Examination (Commendation) and Legal Practice Course (Commendation), College of Law, Guildford
- Member, The Loan Market Association's Developing Markets Working Group