Warsaw Financial Centre
ul. Emilii Plater 53
Michał is a senior associate in CMS Warsaw Employment Team.
He advises multi-national and domestic clients in all aspects of individual and collective employment law, including recruitment and termination of staff, restructuring, HR policies, incentive compensation schemes, employment litigation as well as trade unions and works councils issues. He also has a significant experience in handling HR issues in M&A transactions.
Michał frequently conducts seminars for clients and lectures for law students. He also regularly comments on employment law issues in the business press and on television.
- A European entertainment company on the implementation of global employee incentive schemes.
- A global business advisory company on reviewing and implementing locally various corporate policies, including code of conduct and other workplace regulations.
- A global provider of industry automation services in relation to closing down a factory in Poland. It comprised full legal assistance on the employment side, including consultations with employee representatives and group dismissal procedure.
- A global manufacturer of beverages on a complex and contentious termination of a senior employee. It required a sensitive approach and extensive legal experience in handling discrimination claims.
- A global manufacturer of innovative products in relation to carrying out an internal investigation into an alleged misconduct of key staff.
- A global sporting retailer on establishing the business in Poland, hiring staff and implementing HR policies.
- A global bio-pharmaceutical company in relation to defending the company in high-profile litigation against its former legal director. The case has been successfully settled.
- Various clients on a wide range of HR issues related to M&A transactions, including an automatic transfer of staff, strategic planning of employment structures after the transaction and post-transition restructuring.
2009 – LL.M., University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh
2008 – Diploma Course in English and EU law, Cambridge University and Warsaw University, Warsaw
2008 – MA Law, Warsaw University, Warsaw
Advocate, Warsaw Bar of Advocates
Member, Labour and Social Security Section at Warsaw Bar of Advocates