Emerging Europe M&A Report 2015/16
We are pleased to bring you Emerging Europe M&A Report 2015/2016, published by CMS in cooperation with EMIS.
The fifth edition of the report pulls together a list of the biggest M&A transactions in 15 countries across the CEE/SEE region, provides commentary on what happened in 2015, and makes some predictions on where to expect deals in 2016.
It also includes insight from William Wells, Executive Vice-Chairman, Central and Eastern Europe, Rothschild, who oversees the group’s business in the region, as well as special features on the commercial real estate sector and capital markets developments in CEE.
- CEE was relatively flat with a 3% decline in announced deals, but a sharper 15% decline in total value, while the 2015 global M&A market saw more deals with more value than any year since 2007.
- Investors no longer regard Central and Eastern Europe as a coherent investment area as countries in the region present increasingly different risk profiles.
- Private equity fund investment went up 16%. The largest transactions predominantly attracted US and UK investors.
- M&A announced by US-based companies and funds increases by 61%. CEE also saw more interest from German and UK investors.
- Manufacturing was the most targeted sector, followed by Telecoms & IT and Real Estate.
- Poland, Hungary, Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina saw an increase in deals – both in value and volume – from 2014.
We have received excellent feedback from our clients and the market about this report over the last five years and hope that you will find this year’s edition equally useful.
Please do get in touch to let us know what you thought of the report or if you have any questions you would like to discuss with our CEE M&A team.
You can view the report online or download it in PDF format below.