Joaquim Shearman de Macedo
Joaquim Shearman de Macedo
Rua Sousa Martins 10
Joaquim Shearman de Macedo has been developing his practice in civil and commercial Litigation, Internal and Cross-Border Arbitration.
He has represented clients in several judicial and arbitration proceedings of major complexity, involving multiple jurisdictions.
He usually intervenes in commercial and corporate disputes, disputes among shareholders, construction, insurances, contractual and extra contractual civil liability.
Joaquim has also a considerable experience in the follow-up of criminal proceedings relating to economic and corporate offences.
Joaquim Macedo is a Partner at CMS Rui Pena & Arnaut since 2010.
- Cross - Border Arbitration from the Law Faculty of Universidade Nova de Lisboa.
- Post - Graduation degree in the Law Faculty of the Catholic University Portugal.
- Graduated in law from the Law Faculty of the Catholic University Portugal.
- Since 2001 - Joaquim Macedo is a member of the Portuguese Bar Association.
- Joaquim Shearman de Macedo is Vice-president of the Center for Mediation and Arbitration Concordia since 2017 and has been a member of the Executive Board since 2012;
- He is a member of the Ethics Council of the Portguese Association of Arbitration since 2010;
- Joaquim Shearman de Macedo is a member of the Portuguese Association of Arbitration since 2010;
- He is a member of Portuguese Observatory for Compliance and Regulation since 2017;
- He is a member of the International Bar Association as of 2006 and member of the Portuguese Chamber of Cour Européenne d’Arbitrage as of 2009;
- Joaquim Shearman de Macedo is a substitute member of the Commission of Access to Administrative Documents (CADA).
- Joaquim Shearman lectures the Post-Graduation course in Arbitration at the Law Faculty of Universidade Nova de Lisboa and the Advanced Post-Graduation course in Arbitration at the Research Center of Private Law, at the Law Faculty of Universidade de Lisboa.
- MACEDO, Joaquim Shearman de; JÚDICE, José Miguel, “Competing Rights of Access to Justice and Party Autonomy to Select Arbitration”, in International Arbitration Law Review, Vol 12, Issue 4, 2009
- PENA, Nuno; MOREIRA, Andreia; MACEDO, Joaquim Shearman de; “Portugal”, Restructuring & Insolvency in 50 jurisdictions worldwide, Law Business Research ltd., 2011, pages 327-337
- CMS Guide to Arbitration – Vol. I e II, MACEDO, Joaquim Shearman de; Real, Rui “Arbitration in Portugal”, págs. 587-612, CMS Frankfurt 2012
- VI Congresso do Centro de Arbitragem Comercial - Intervenções Centro de Arbitragem Comercial - Associação Comercial de Lisboa. Joaquim Shearman de Macedo | Filipa Cansado Carvalho | Sofia Ribeiro Mendes | Nuno Salazar Casanova | Bernardo Reis | Pedro Caetano Nunes | Carla Gonçalves Borges | Dário Moura Vicente | António Pinto Leite | Rui Chancerelle de Machete | Jan Kleinheisterkamp | Francisco G. Prol. Lisboa 2013
- Study on trade secrets and confidential business information in the internal marketEuropean Comission, 2013
- Sanção Pecuniária Compulsória e Arbitragem. Algumas considerações - MACEDO, Joaquim Shearman de, in Estudos em Homenagem ao Prof. Doutor José Lebre de Freitas, Vol. II – 2013, Coimbra Editora
- VIII Congresso do Centro de Arbitragem Comercial - Intervenções Centro de Arbitragem Comercial - Associação Comercial de Lisboa. Joaquim Shearman de Macedo | António de Magalhães Cardoso | Nuno Villa-Lobos | António García Martinez | António Santos Abrantes Geraldes | Jan K. Schafer | David Arias | Paul-Jean Le Cannu | António Henriques Gaspar, Lisboa 2015