Rua Sousa Martins 10
Sofia Mateus has been developing her activity mainly within the area of Labour Law, Social Security Law and Labour Litigation.
Providing daily general legal assistance to several public and private entities, both national and international, within the areas of labour law and social security, namely by way of the draft of opinions, information and memoranda, draft of individual [permanent and fixed and unfixed term] employment contracts.
She followed - up negotiations in view of the termination of employment contracts, instruction and subsequent followed - up disciplinary proceedings intended to dismissal and application of other disciplinary sanctions, legal handling of lay-off proceedings and job extinction, follow-up and clients’ (companies) representation in collective bargaining and revision of collective bargaining regulation.
Legal handling of processes referring to the transfer of workplace, secondment, definition of remuneration and organisation of working hours plans, legal consultancy to clients in several issues related with Social Security and Pensions Funds, legal assistance in the realisation of legal due diligences, notably employment audit and assessment of labour contingencies within the ambit of the acquisition and sale of equity holdings, corporate restructuring, downsizing and lay-off processes and follow-up of legal and misdemeanour proceedings, were also covered from Sofia.
Sofia is a Lawyer at CMS Rui Pena & Arnaut since the incorporation of the law firm.
Sofia Mateus is certified lecturer by IEFP and, in such capacity, she lectures education actions within the area of labour law (labour code and legal regime of employment contract in public offices), such as:
- “Mechanisms of termination of employment contracts” lectured in February 2011 during a conference promoted by IFE – International Faculty for Executives;
- “The New Labour Legislation – contraposition of regimes – and the regime of employment contract in public offices”, lectured in November 2009 at the General Secretariat of the Ministry of Health;
- “The employment contract in public offices”, within the ambit of the conference “Application of the New Regime of Employment Contract in Public Offices”, lectured in September 2009, promoted by NPF – Pesquisa e Formação;
- “The new regimes of duration and organisation of working hours”, within the ambit of the conference “Application of the New Regime of Employment Contract in Public Offices”, lectured in September 2009, promoted by NPF – Pesquisa e Formação.
- Sofia Mateus is graduated in law from the Law Faculty of the Classic University of Lisbon with a Post-Graduation degree in Labour and Social Security Law from the Law Faculty of the Classic University of Lisbon.
- Sofia is a certified lecturer by the Institute of Employment and Professional Education with certificate no. EDF 506617/2009 DL, valid up to 2014.04.01.
- Since 2002 - Sofia Mateus is member of the Portuguese Bar Association.