Naberezhnaya Tower, block C
Presnenskaya Naberezhnaya 10
Artem Rodin has over ten years of experience advising clients from both public and private sector, including listed companies, on all legal aspects of major Infrastructure and PPP projects (BOO, BOOT etc.) in public utilities, energy , transport and healthcare sectors in Russia, CIS, Africa and East.
Artem advises on implementation of projects for financing, construction and operation of water and wastewater treatment plants, waste treatment plants, chemical and automotive production plants and heat and power production plants using renewable energy sources, airports, hospitals as well as roads and railroads in Russia and abroad. He is experienced in dispute resolution, including litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution.
Artem has extensive expertise with project tenders, negotiations with members of project consortium (banks, construction companies), governments and their advisors, advising on JV and consortium agreements, bid submissions
Artem focuses on concession, PPP and investment agreements, financing agreements and various security instruments in Project Finance (pledges, sureties, guarantees etc.) as well as other project contracts, including design and construction contracts, O&M contracts, delivery and service contracts, sale-purchase contracts, lease agreements and other related commercial contracts
Artem also provides support to clients on various legal issues arising from implementation and restructuring of projects, including refinancing, antimonopoly, regulatory and environmental issues, licenses and approvals, tariff regulation and dispute resolution etc.
Before joining the firm Artem was an associate in an infrastructure and transport group of a major international law firm and a General Counsel for a major international infrastructure investor in Russia.
- International investor on financing, planning, construction and operation of two renewable energy combined Heat and Power Plants in Moscow (Joint-Implementation projects under Kyoto Protocol) (total value above EURO 100mn).
- Major Russian petrochemical company on sale of petrochemicals terminal in Russia and long-term agreements for operation of the terminal (value above USD 250 mn).
- Major Russian power company on a dispute in relation to violation of fuel supply contract (value above USD 500 mn).
- International investor on financing, planning, construction and operation of Energy from Waste plants (total value above EURO 900mn).
- International investor on restructuring of an infrastructure project for financing, planning and construction of a chemical plant in Russia (value EURO 250 mn).
- International investor on participation in a tender for a concession on construction, modernization and operation of a water treatment plant in Saint-Petersburg (capacity 800 000 cubic meter per day) (value above EURO 400mn).
- International investor on two infrastructure projects for financing, planning, construction and operation of waste water treatment plants (total value above EURO 50mn) and largest modern water treatment facility in Europe (value above EURO 200mn).
- The City of Saint-Petersburg on toll road concessions, including Western High-Speed Diameter (approx. USD 7,4bn) and Orlovski Tunnel (approx. USD 1bn).
- Russian national railway company on a concession agreement regarding modernization and operation of Armenian railways (value above USD 500mn), on a 554km railway construction contract in Libya (value above Euro 2bn), on participation in a tender for the awarding of a concession agreement for modernization and operation of New Delhi railway station in India, on restructuring of a joint-venture with the Mongolian Government operating a railway in Mongolia.
- Advising a European investor on acquiring and operating airports in Russia.
2010 − Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Moscow, Ph.D in Law
2010 − World Trade Institute, Bern, Switzerland, International Trade Regulation
2007 − Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Master of International Law
2005 − University of San Diego, USA, International business transactions
2005 − Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Degree in Law
2004 − Stanford University, Institute for International Studies, USA, International Security in a Changing World
2002 − Salzburg University, Austria, European and Austrian Commercial Law
- Moscow Chamber of Advocates
- Association of International Law
- Association of European Businesses
2015 − Modern legal issues related to development of Russian export // “Pravo i Ekonomika” (Law and Economy Journal), Issue 11, Russia
2012 − Registration of entrepreneurs and legal entities in the United Kingdom // “Registration of entrepreneurs and legal entities: foreign experience”, State Registration Chamber of the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation, Russia
2012 − Public-Private Partnership as effective mechanism for attracting investment and promotion of innovations in the water sector // “Public Utilities: Magazine for CEO and CFO”, Issue 3, Russia
2012 − New Guarantees for Russian Investors: Investment Guarantees from Political and Commercial Risks // “Pravo i Ekonomika” (Law and Economy Journal), Issue 2, Russia
2011 − Legal regulation of Public-Private Partnerships: interaction between international and national law // Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany
2011 − Practical opportunities for implementation of Public-Private Partnership Projects under Russian Law // “Pravo i Ekonomika” (Law and Economy Journal), Issue 1, Russia
2011 − Recent Developments of Russian Concession Law and Implementation of PPP Projects in Utilities Sector // “Predprinimatelskoje pravo” (Commercial Law Journal), Issue 1, Russia
2010 − New Russian Legislation on Public-Private Partnership in Public Utilities // European Public Private Partnership Law Review, No. 4, Germany
2010 − Public-Private Partnership in Utilities Sector: Recent Development of the Russian Law // “Hozyaistvo i Pravo” (Economy and Law Journal), Issue 11, Russia
2010 − Legal Nature of a Public-Private Partnership Agreement // Eurasian Law Journal, Issue 9, Russia
2009 − Foreign Investment Insurance and Subrogation: Interaction between International and National law // „Megdunarodnoe pravo – International Law” Journal, Issue 4, Russia
2007 − WTO Dispute Settlement Procedure. Measures for protection of private interests // “Yuridichesky mir” (Legal World Journal), Issue 7, Russia
2006 − Recent Developments in Legislation of the Russian Federation concerning Non-Commercial Organizations // International Journal for Education Law and Policy, Volume 2, Issue 1-2, 2006, the Netherlands
Since 2013 − Lecturer, Financial University under the Government of Russia, Courses on International law and International Economic law
Since 2011 − Lecturer, Peoples Friendship University of Russia, Courses on WTO Law, EU Law and Peaceful settlement of international disputes