Jean-Francois’ practice focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganisations, project financing, constructions and PPP projects. Jean-François has over 20 years' experience as executive officer with various companies in France, Europe and North America.
In the framework of his duties, Jean-François has participated in large projects, particularly in the construction, transportation, energy and automotive sectors, with responsibility for coordinating all tax and legal aspects of these transactions, including structuring and negotiating the legal documentation required in this type of transaction. He has also directed and coordinated all aspects of major acquisitions, divestitures, business combinations and reorganisations which involved structuring, preparing and negotiating numerous agreements as well as coordinating the efforts of large working groups.
Jean-Francois was chosen by his peers as one of the leading practitioners in Corporate Law and Project Finance and Development practice according to Best Lawyers ranking in Russia.
- The winning bidder (a consortium of Systra and SNCF International) on preparation of its participation in a procurement tender to act as the technical advisor to JSC “High-Speed Rail Lines” (an RZhD subsidiary) in the framework of the Moscow – Kazan section of the Moscow – Kazan – Yekaterinburg high-speed rail line project.
- Leading transport infrastructure concession operator (Vinci Concessions) on the acquisition of a 50% stake in United Toll Systems.
- The sponsors (Vinci Concessions, NTrans and later, Mostotrest) and the concessionaire (North-West Concession Company) on the US$ 2B. first section (15-58km) of the Moscow – St. Petersburg toll road.
- Leading Luxury Goods Brands on the acquisition, reorganization and development of their retail network in Russia.
- PSA / Mitsubishi Joint Venture on the structuring of their car manufacturing activities in Kaluga, the construction and the commissioning of the manufacturing plant.
- Leading automotive components supplier on the acquisition of a 50% stake in a Togliatti based Russian auto components supplier.
HEC School of Management, CESA Executive Human Resources Programme
INSEAD, Finance Programme for Executives
1983 − University of Aix-Marseille III, LL.M. in Business Law
1983 − University of Aix-Marseille III, LL.M. in International Law
Paris II University, LL.B. in Business Law