Sergey is a partner of CMS, Russia and heads the Dispute Resolution practice. He has been working at the firm since 2000. Before joining CMS Sergey worked at an American law firm in Russia, Azerbaijan and USA.
Sergey has over 20 years’ experience advising clients in the following practice areas: dispute resolution, general commercial and corporate law and complex employment issues. Leading CMS, Russia’s Dispute Resolution practice Sergey handles commercial, corporate and energy disputes.
Sergey has substantial experience in Russian bankruptcy proceedings and restructuring issues. Besides Russian local dispute resolution cases, Sergey actively participates in international arbitration.
- Major Russian oil supplier on an international arbitration dispute with major China oil company arising from the oil supply contract; advising the client in an international arbitration proceeding re price calculation formula for oil supplied via international oil pipeline.
- Major international brokerage firm on an international arbitration in connection with debt recovery matters.
- International telecom company in relation to a dispute on receivables due for the supplied equipment in Russian commercial (arbitration) court.
- Major Russian metallurgic company in relation to a dispute on loan debt restructuring in Russian commercial (arbitration) court.
- Major Korean consortium in relation to an arbitration dispute regarding scrap metal supplies from Russia.
- German chemical company in relation to a dispute against claims of minority shareholders in connection with a corporate dispute in Russian commercial (arbitration) courts.
1997 − Southern Methodist University, Dallas, LL.M.
1995 − Moscow State Institute of International Relations, M.A. in Law