Valery has extensive experience working in the Russian legal services market, including his work as a partner with another major international law firm and as executive director with one of the leading football clubs in Russia.
In the area of employment law, Valeriy specialises in advising clients on various employment matters, labour disputes, employment relations with top managers, termination of employment agreements, labour aspects of business restructuring transactions, data protection.
In the area of sports law, Valeriy’s expertise covers legal due diligence on sports clubs, transfers of players, employment agreements with players and coaches, representation of sports organisations, clubs, players and coaches before Russian and international sports federations sports jurisdictional bodies and courts.
Sources appreciate Valeriy Fedoreev's practical approach: “He provided us with options and explained what the risks were in each case.” He has a background in both corporate and employment law, and is particularly singled out for his knowledge of sports law issues.
- OLIVER WYMAN on various legal issues.
- BOIRON on various employment related issues.
- JAPAN AIRLINES on various employment and migration related issues.
- UEFA on advertising issues in Russia UEFA at Champions League and Europa League matches.
- World’s leading automotive producer on different issues of Russian employment law, including reorganization and restructuring, change of work conditions, trade union and collective bargaining issues, employee claims, etc.
- LIGA TV on various sport law issues.
- Organizing Committee of United Football League on development of new football league concept in Russia.
- Investors of hockey and football clubs on the purchase of clubs, including legal due diligence of targeted clubs.
- Russian and foreign sportsmen and
1998 - Yaroslavl State University, Russia
1995 - Stonehill College, MA, USA