7 Straits View
Marina One East Tower
Lukas Lim is a Senior Associate with the International Disputes Practice in CMS Singapore, with a focus on international arbitration, litigation and adjudication. He is a graduate of the University of Cambridge (B.A. & M.A., Law) and the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2011 (LL.M.), and is qualified to practice law in England & Wales, Singapore and Malaysia.
He has advised and represented prominent individuals and multinational entities in infrastructure, construction, energy and commercial disputes, including in statutory adjudication hearings, litigation (English, Singapore and Malaysian courts) and international arbitration (ICC, SIAC, HKIAC, AIAC and LMAA).
- One of the largest Indian infrastructure companies in an SIAC arbitration arising from the alleged breaches of a series of international investment agreements with a consortium of private equity funds.
- An international dredging and offshore contractor in an SIAC arbitration regarding contractual and tortious disputes in a land reclamation project.
- A large Indian manufacturing company in an SIAC arbitration concerning a dispute over an international investment transaction.
- An international offshore energy facilities and services provider in an LMAA arbitration regarding a shareholders’ agreement dispute.
- A Marshall Islands-based marine transportation company in an SIAC arbitration involving a dispute over the provision of engineering and construction services by a Singapore contractor.
- An international marine transportation company in a HKIAC arbitration involving claims against a Singapore contractor relating to delay, acceleration, additional work, variations, extension of time, and liquidated damages.
- A global technology company in an SIAC arbitration regarding a licensing agreement dispute (successfully dismissed via the SIAC early dismissal procedure).
- A high net-worth family in an ICC arbitration against an international hotel chain over the construction of a luxury villa in the Maldives.
- An international engineering services company in a statutory adjudication regarding interfacing and variation work for a large Singapore infrastructure project.
- A large Turkish company in an English High Court litigation involving claims of fraud and breach of an international financing agreement.
- 2011 – LL.M., University of Pennsylvania Law School, USA
- 2009 – M.A.(Law), University of Cambridge, UK