Applying with CMS
An application is submitted in no time. So what happens after that?
If you would like to join us either by applying on your own initiative or for a specific vacancy, please send us the relevant documents (cover letter, CV, qualifications) – preferably by email.
Following the receipt of your application, the Human Resources Department and the relevant partner will review the information you provide. You will receive a reply within a short time. Of course, your documents will be treated with the utmost discretion at all stages of the selection process.
If you are successful in making the short-list of candidates, we will normally invite you to two interviews. The first will be with Human Resources and/or the relevant partner, and in the second you will speak with other partners and associates of your chosen department and location.
You can find out information about the current vacant positions and available internships here: https://cms.law/en/INT/Job-opportunities
Six tips on how to make your application even better
The decision as to who we invite for a personal interview will be made exclusively on the basis of your application documents. It is therefore worth investing time, ideas and care and taking a few things into account:
- The cover letter sums up why you would like to work for us and what distinguishes you from other applicants. Stay authentic, we are looking for strong personalities!
- Make your CV short and clear. We would like to capture your personal and professional career at a glance. If there are any "gaps" in your CV, you should be prepared for this as we might ask you for more information.
- A picture is worth a thousand words. This also applies to your application photo. Think about how you would like to present yourself and adjust your facial expression, your outfit and the composition of the photo accordingly. Place your photo at the top right of your CV. Please do not send us a photo from your private environment.
- Only enclose certificates that are relevant to the job profile. Sort your attachments according to how up to date they are and relevance. Pay attention to the file size of your attachments, otherwise problems may occur during transmission.
- First impressions count. We appreciate the application to be neatly and clearly laid out without spelling or typing errors. If you are unsure, have friends proofread your application. They can also tell you whether your application matches you and whether you have presented yourself well.
- Make sure that your contact details are complete and correct. Also indicate when or how we can contact you most easily and if you have limited access, e.g. due to a stay abroad.