Maja Žgajnar, a lawyer with nearly two decades of professional experience in banking & finance and capital markets who had held senior positions in international law firms for the past years, joined CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz in Slovenia as a banking & finance partner in March 2017.
Her practice focus is on banking, finance, financial restructurings and distressed debt, the workout, acquisition and sale of performing and non-performing financial assets (all types of loan portfolios), regulatory compliance in financial institutions, structured finance, derivatives, insolvency proceedings and banking and finance litigation. Maja Žgajnar has been recognized by clients and peers as an expert financial and capital markets lawyer. In the past years, she has continuously been listed as a highly regarded practitioner in the field of banking and capital markets by international legal directories. Her portfolio of domestic and international clients covers banks, financial institutions and large companies alike.
As an expert on non-performing loans, she is regularly invited to speak at international NPL conferences, most recently in London in September 2018.
- 2009 - Mediator’s licence, Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Justice
- 2005 - State bar examination, Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Justice
- 2001 - Bachelor of Laws (univ. dipl. pravnik), University of Maribor, Faculty of Law
- Bar Association of Slovenia
- Slovenian Association of Mediator