6th Floor, 38 Volodymyrska Street
Kateryna Chechulina is a Counsel in the Finance practice at Kyiv office of CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang. Having extensive experience in international banking and finance, Kateryna works on high-profile cross-border financings in Ukraine and CEE/CIS region. She advises on all aspects of Ukrainian and foreign law governed transactions, including complex transaction structuring. Kateryna leads major cross-border financing transactions and has experience of acting both for lenders and borrowers. Her recent experience includes advising ING as lead mandated arranger and bookrunner for the EUR100 mln financing of acquisition of a Slovenian company, advising a Ukrainian borrower on over USD 100 mln project financing, advising the banks syndicate on USD 240 mln steel financing in Slovenia. Kateryna focuses on trade & commodity finance, syndicated & corporate finance and project finance in various sectors, including agribusiness and infrastructure. Kateryna also advises on banking regulatory issues, cross-border debt restructuring & insolvency, NPLs, PPP, insurance, all types of financial services, municipal finance, as well as on real estate, general corporate and commercial law matters. She previously worked for two of the major Ukrainian banks, having advised on all aspects of banks’ activity.
Kateryna is a recommended lawyer by the Chambers Europe, Legal 500 and Best Lawyers a notable track record in handling a range of transactional and regulatory issues for various prominent clients. The clients value Kateryna’s in-depth knowledge and extensive expertise and praise her high quality ‘accurate and practical’ advice and "clear and helpful" instructions she gives.
- Deutsche Bank and other creditors, including a group of US-based emerging markets hedge funds, on the restructuring of the bank debt of DTEK, the largest vertically integrated and privately-owned energy group in Ukraine. The total amount of restructured bank debt was USD 1.1bn, making it one of the largest restructurings to have taken place in the region
- M.V. Cargo on USD 74m landmark financing from EBRD and IFC of a new grain terminal construction project in Yuzhni port
- ING Bank N.V.
- as a mandated lead arranger and bookruner of EUR 100 million financing of the acquisition of Perutnina Ptuj
- as a mandated lead arranger and bookrunner on USD 80 million pre-export finance facility to Vioil and it further extension of the financing for the next three years and increase of the facility up to USD 100 million
- as lender on USD 30 million structured secured financing for export operations of Astarta, the Warsaw-listed Ukrainian agro-industrial business
- as a mandated lead arranger and bookrunner on USD 80 million pre-export finance facility for Nibulon
- on syndicated secured pre-crop and pre-export credit facility of up to USD 100 million for Kernel Group, Ukraine’s leading agribusiness
- as coordinator of a group of banks, on a EUR 416 million loan to DTEK
- Meyer Bergman, the leading international investment fund, on the USD 28 million sale of Aladdin Shopping Mall in Kyiv, one of the most popular malls in Ukraine, which sale was structured through the assignment of the bank and shareholders’ loans
- SD Capital on currency control and other regulatory issues regarding a joint venture with P&O Maritime for certain merit services in the Port Yuzhnyi
- UniCredit and ING in relation to a USD 100m financing to agribusiness Kernel, the largest vertically-integrated agro-industrial company in Ukraine
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on its financings to municipal heating and transport companies in Zhytomyr, Lviv, Ternopil and Vinnytsia
- ING, UniCredit and Raiffeisen Bank International on a USD 110 million facility to Nidera B.V. for the refinancing of the acquisition of a grain shipping terminal in the Port of Constanta, Romania
- Bank of Cyprus on the sale of its Ukrainian subsidiary PJSC “Bank of Cyprus” and associated loan portfolio to Alfa Group
2005 – Masters of Laws, National Academy of Internal Affairs, Kyiv
2004 – Bachelor of Laws, National Academy of Internal Affairs, Kyiv
- Ukrainian Bar Association
- American Chamber of Commerce
- European Business Association