Level 15 Burj Daman
Dubai International Financial Centre
PO Box 506873
United Arab Emirates
Amir Kordvani heads CMS’ Middle East Projects practice in Dubai. He is a leading advisor to the energy and resources sector, with significant regulatory and major project experience. Amir’s expertise includes infrastructure development projects (including PPPs, IPPs and IWPPs), EPC, operation and maintenance (including O&M) agreements, joint venture arrangements, mining, oil and gas exploration, production, drilling and service contracting, port access arrangements, procurement and service contracting, and water and waste water agreements.
He has been involved in negotiating and drafting all forms of project agreements including procurement regime, contractual documentation, construction, and financing in various jurisdictions including: Australia, Jordan, Iraq, Libya, Qatar, Tajikistan, UAE, UK and Saudi Arabia
- On solar projects in the UAE including negotiating the EPC, O&M and associated documentation and related key contracts for the project in respect of connection and offtake.
- A major Chinese state company on the development of residential and tourist facilities in Dubai.
- On a sustainable greenhouse farming facility in the UAE.
- The Government of Guinea on all aspects of Project Simandou, the largest iron ore project in Africa (USD 20bn).
- A major Chinese energy company on its joint venture with ADNOC in the UAE.
- The Government of Jordan on various contractual issues in relation to IPP1, IPP2, IPP3, and IPP4.
- A major energy company in relation to an IPP for a 1,000MW power plant in Kurdistan, Iraq.
- An American power supply company in relation to a power supply contract (450MW) in Libya.
- On a healthcare PPP project in the UAE.
- The Government of Pakistan on two IPPs (1,320MW coal-based power plant) in Jamshoro.
- On the first IPPs in Iran.
- Statutory water authorities in Australia on water supply and water management contracts.
- A large listed Australian company on aspects of the development of a major LNG project in Queensland, Australia.
- A major Australian company on issues relating to mineral and petroleum tenements in Queensland, Australia.
- 2008 - LLB, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
- 2007 - PhD, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
- 2001 - LLB, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
- 1998 - BA in Law, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
- Queensland Law Society
- Australian Business Council Dubai