Co-Managing Partner, Dubai
Co-Managing Partner, Dubai
Level 15 Burj Daman
Dubai International Financial Centre
PO Box 506873
United Arab Emirates
Mark has spent many years of his legal career advising on projects in the Middle East region, based in Riyadh and Dubai. He has acted for public and private sector clients on transformation/PPP projects involving mixed use developments and the built environment, including hospitals, schools, sports & leisure facilities, museums, libraries, police authority HQs, and has advised on infrastructure projects including light rail, water, power and waste projects as well as industrial/manufacturing and petrochemical facilities. He advises clients on PPP projects, consortia and corporate joint venture frameworks, partnering development agreements, facilities management/ outsourcing contracts, and construction/ project documentation. Work for public sector procuring authorities has included advice on preparation of outline business cases, PQQ and RFP documentation, evaluation criteria and the full suite of joint venture/PPP documentation.
- North Tyneside Council on the procurement of its £800,000,000 Construction Housing Repairs and Investment (CHRIS) PPP Project, involving a joint venture company established with a private sector partner using the competitive dialogue procurement process.
- Procuring Trusts and private sector providers on NHS hospitals procured under the Private Finance Initiative (PFI) including Calderdale Hospital, Bishop Auckland Hospital and Barnet Hospital.
- A clinical services provider on a partnering/ services agreement with the Ministry of Health in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the establishment of up to 20 clinical centres over 3 phases.
- On over 20 schools PFI schemes mostly for procuring authorities (including five Building Schools for the Future (BSF) schemes).
- Heriot-Watt University in relation to its campus in Dubai.
- On over 40 management outsourcing contracts and 8 PPP projects including the UK’s largest sports and lesiure PFI scheme with Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council.
- On the construction of an air separation plant for Saudi National Gas Company.
- A joint venture framework for teaming with a Raytheon subsidiary for the construction of a water treatment plant for Saudi Aramco.
- On contracts for the design, fabrication, supply and installation of pyrolysis furnaces.
- The lead consortium member concerning a dispute under its contract for the construction of a 400KM water pipeline.
- On the formation of a Saudi joint venture manufacturing/fabrication company with Austrian Energy.
- 1983 - LLB (Hons), University of Manchester, Manchester
- College of Law Chester
- Solicitors Regulation Authority, England and Wales