Level 15 Burj Daman
Dubai International Financial Centre
PO Box 506873
United Arab Emirates
Rachel is a Senior Associate in the CMS Technology, Media & Telecommunications and Intellectual Property Team in Dubai.
Having trained and qualified in the UK, Rachel moved to the UAE in 2013 and has over five year’s regional IP and commercial experience advising on wide range of contentious and non-contentious matters throughout MENA. Rachel advises clients across a broad range of sectors including technology, media, aviation, hotels, leisure and retail.
- A leading hotel group on multifaceted enforcement action through UAE Courts with claims in excess of AED100 million related to termination of franchise contract including revocation of intellectual property licenses.
- Day to day management of MENA IP portfolio of leading technology company covering all aspects of IP cycle from searches through to registration and enforcement of rights.
- An international F&B company on signage requirements in UAE following termination of franchisee agreement.
- A leading multi-national technology company in relation to over 40 multi-jurisdictional intellectual property disputes across 10 jurisdictions.
- A large US retailer in Dubai Courts against UAE partner in relation to claim in excess of AED4 million for purported breach of distribution and license agreements.
- Local counsel for leading French fashion house on all intellectual property matters throughout GCC including copyright, design and trade mark rights.
- A hospitality and airline clients on music licensing and the enforceability of collecting society rights in the UAE.
- Preparing trade mark enforcement strategy in the UAE for listed German company against local group entity.
- A UAE franchisee of well-known entertainment operator on enforcement options following infringement of intellectual property rights in Qatar.
2010 – LLB, The College of Law, Moorgate, London
2008 – BA, Nottingham University, Nottingham
International Trademark Association (INTA)
Intellectual Property Magazine – Learn your way around GCC borders
World Trademark Review – New GCC Trade Mark Law sparks change across the region
The Oath – Key provisions of GCC Trade Mark Law