CMS has received a number of awards in the Best Lawyer Ranking 2019 in cooperation with the German business newspaper Handelsblatt: A total of 14 CMS lawyers were honoured by their industry peers for their professional excellence in their respective fields of law. The employment practice was named “Law Firm of the Year” and Bernt Elsner “Lawyer of the Year in European Law”.
The CMS attorneys who have been named Best Lawyers in Austria have been recognised in their field of expertise by their colleagues in the industry – in some cases several times. Among them are:
- in labour law: Bernhard Hainz, Christoph Wolf and Jens Winter;
- in banking and finance law: Günther Hanslik and Peter Huber;
- in construction law and real estate law: Nikolaus Weselik;
- in European law: Bernt Elsner and Daniela Karollus-Bruner;
- in M&A: Günther Hanslik, Peter Huber, Alexander Rakosi and Johannes Reich-Rohrwig;
- in company law: Peter Huber and Johannes Reich-Rohrwig;
- in industrial property law: Egon Engin-Deniz;
- in IT Law: Johannes Juranek;
- in capital markets law: Martin Zuffer;
- in antitrust and competition Law: Bernt Elsner;
- in conflict resolution: Bernt Elsner, Johannes Juranek, Daniela Karollus-Bruner, Johannes Reich-Rohrwig, Christoph Wolf;
- in public commercial law: Bernt Elsner, Robert Keisler;
- in regulation: Bernt Elsner; and
- in arbitration/dissolution/mediation: Johannes Juranek, Johannes Reich-Rohrwig.
In addition, CMS Austria’s employment law practice, headed by Bernhard Hainz and Christoph Wolf, was named Law Firm of the Year 2019. Bernt Elsner can be pleased to have been awarded “Lawyer of the Year” in the field of European law.
About Best Lawyers
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected lawyer ranking in the world. For more than 30 years, Best Lawyers has been helping those who need legal services to find the best lawyers. In peer-review surveys, leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional colleagues. The rankings are published in leading local, regional and national publications – such as the Handelsblatt in Germany – all over the world.
The rankings can be found here.