CMS announces revenue of EUR 1.3bn for 2017
CMS, the top 10 international law firm, announces its financial results for 2017.
- Total annual revenues of EUR 1.3bn for 2017, a year-on year growth of 31%
- 47 new partners in global promotions round worldwide
- Ranked #1 for deal count in CEE and across major European jurisdictions by Mergermarket and Bloomberg
Cornelius Brandi, Executive Chairman of CMS, said, “2017 has seen a significant increase in revenue for the firm as we continue to expand globally into new territories and consolidate from a position of strength in our existing offices. As a global organisation with over 70 offices, we are well positioned to support our clients in their cross-jurisdictional business wherever they operate.”
In addition to numerous prestigious national awards and rankings, it also received international recognition for its work. Highlights included:
- CMS won "European Private Equity Legal Adviser of the Year 2017" while CMS France won "France M&A Legal Adviser of the Year 2017" at the Mergermarket European M&A Awards.
- 2017 was another successful year for the Corporate/M&A Group as CMS was ranked #1 (by deal count) in several jurisdictions in 2017 European league table rankings in CEE as well as in Germany, Poland and the DACH region by Mergermarket; in CEE by Bloomberg and in Europe, Germany and Switzerland by Thomson Reuters.
Peter Huber, Managing Partner at CMS in Austria commented, “Against a backdrop of geo-political uncertainty, markets have been volatile as investors continue searching for above average returns. However, with transactional data indicating that activity levels in 2018 have continued where 2017 left off, we expect another buoyant year for our clients.”