Field of activity
Dominik Stella is an associate primarily in the field of employment law and social law.
Previous professional experience/training
Dominik Stella joined CMS in Vienna in August 2016 as a trainee lawyer specialising in employment and social law. He studied law at the Universities of Vienna and Oslo and was employed as a study assistant at the Institute for Employment and Social Law at the University of Vienna during his studies. From 2015-2016 Dominik Stella worked as a project assistant and university assistant for Prof. Dr Robert Rebhahn. He also gained professional experience at several Viennese law firms and completed an internship of several months at the Austrian Embassy in London.
Publications and articles
He is the author of numerous scientific publications in the field of employment and social law and co-author of various expert opinions, including for the Austrian Federal Government.
- 2015 - Magister, Faculty of Law at the University of Vienna
- 2015 - Doctorate, Faculty of Law at the University of Vienna
- Klausel betreffend die dienstliche Nutzung sozialer Netzwerke (Clause on using social networks for works purposes, German publication), ZAS 2014/46
- Alterspension. Altrecht, APG und Kontoerstgutschrift - ein systematischer Aufriss (Old age pension. Former legal regime, Austrian Pensions Act and first booking to the pension’s account - a systematic overview, German publication), JAP 2015/2016/9
- Vereinbarung über die dienstliche Nutzung privater Smartphones (Agreement on using private smartphones for works purposes , German publication), ("Bring Your Own Device - BYOD"), ZAS 2015/56
- Bekleidungsvorschriften und die Persönlichkeitsrechte der Arbeitnehmer (Dress codes and the employee’s personal rights, German publication), ZAS 2016/14
- Arbeits- und Sozialgericht kann das Vorliegen einer konkreten Berufskrankheit als Vorfrage prüfen (The labour and social court can establish the presence of an occupational illness as a preliminary question, German publication), DRdA 2017/2
- Ist-Lohnklauseln und Unterentlohnung (Actual salary clauses and unlawfully low pay, German publication), ecolex 2017, 280
- Schicksal einer Betriebspensionszusage bei Betriebs(teil)übergang (The fate of a works pension plan when ownership of a business is (partly) transferred , German publication) , ZAS 2016/40
- Zwei Fragen zum Schlichtungsverfahren nach § 96a ArbVG (Two questions on arbitration as according to Sec 96a of the Austrian Labour Constitutional Act, German publication), ecolex 2013, 818
- Wenn der Betriebsrat im Urlaub ist - Probleme der Kündigungsverstätigung nach § 105 ArbVG, in Rechtswissenschaft und Rechtskunde (When the works’ council representatives are on holiday – Problems with providing the works’ council with information as according to Sec 105 of the Austrian Labour Constitutional Act, in Rechtswissenschaft und Rechtskunde, German publication)