CMS is a top tier Global Law Firm with more than 5.000 lawyers spread over more than 75 offices around the world. CMS Belgium has offices in Brussels, Luxemburg and Antwerp and has more than 100 lawyers dealing with all types of legal advice for a large variety of clients with activities in many different industries. We work with cross-border teams that consist of experts from all practice areas and sectors such as banking, consumer products, energy, infrastructure, insurance, lifesciences, real estate and construction, hotels and leisure, technology and media.
It is our ambition to build long term relationships with our clients through a no nonsense and pragmatic approach. “Your world first” is our mission statement and an approach that we expect from all our lawyers and staff active around the world.
We are a young and dynamic team in which junior and senior levels work closely together, communication lines are short and bureaucracy is limited.
In order to support our growth we are looking for highly motivated candidates (M/F) with 4 to 8 years of relevant experience in corporate - M&A who are willing to further develop their career within the team active in Antwerp.
- You successfully obtained a Belgian Master’s degree in Law. A special degree in English would be a valuable asset;
- 4-8 years experience working in a (Belgian or international) law firm in the field of corporate and M&A, experience in restructuring matters and corporate litigation is an asset;
- You have an excellent command of Dutch, English and a good knowledge of French;
- You have strong analytical skills and a creative mind, you wish to take initiatives and have a real interest in business life;
- You are willing to travel abroad for internal trainings and meetings;
- You are a team player with outstanding legal capabilities, entrepreneurial spirit and good communication skill
- You will join a team of professionals active in the field of corporate – M&A;
- You will assist in structuring, drafting and negotiating a variety of corporate transactions (share / asset purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, subscription agreements, joint ventures);
- You will advise founders, companies, boards of directors on a wide range of corporate and restructuring matters (founding companies, advise on the corporate structure and governance, compliance issues, disputes between shareholders /directors) and provide them with on-going legal support.
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme based on execution and origination
- Attractive benefits including a laptop, mobile phone
- On-the-job learning in a dynamic and young work environment
- Modern offices
- Inspiring and awesome colleagues
- Challenging career perspectives
Please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected]