CMS Belgium is an international law firm with approximately 100 lawyers based in Brussels and Antwerp, providing clients with a full range of legal and tax solutions.
CMS’s tech & data practice is one of the leading technology practices in Belgium and Europe being (ranked TIER 1 (best-in-class) by Legal 500 and by Chambers Europe). CMS won the 2019 award best IP/IT/TMT law firm of the year (Trends Legal Awards).
The practice is unmatched in the breadth of issues it deals with and its client base:
- It is known for its in-depth knowledge and experience in all technology related legal areas (including IT law, contract law), data protection and privacy, all areas of IP (domain names, trademarks, copyright, models and designs, patents, etc.), telecom regulatory, trade practices, e-commerce, media and entertainment, pharma regulatory, strategic licensing, etc.
- It works for a large variety of different types of clients: large multinational companies, large Belgian companies as well as emerging enterprises in many different industries, including heavy automotive, manufacturing, life sciences & healthcare, technology, media and press, telecoms, FMCG, e-commerce, food, and retail.
- It offers the full range of legal services to its clients: litigation, data breach & incident management, transactional, and advisory.
- Its technology work is internationalising rapidly: its technology practice is at the heart of CMS’s international Technology Media & Communications (TMC) group consisting of a large number of TMC lawyers in more than 75 offices around the world. Clients are turning to us for multi-jurisdictional legal assistance (e.g. negotiating a large telecommunications sourcing contract covering more than 20 countries; advising a multinational high-tech business about the development and launch of an innovative IoT-based product in Europe). Although many of these matters/projects are being led by Belgian lawyers, these matters/projects often have little to no connection with Belgium or with Belgian law.
You will be a part of a dynamic team that works on both Belgian and international matters. We offer an entrepreneurial work environment and the opportunity to be a part of an ambitious and growing international organization that will enable you to achieve your potential. We offer career progression and an attractive remuneration package.
CMS is looking for a mid-level tech & data lawyer (W/M) in order to strengthen its tech & data law team in Brussels.
- You have an excellent command of English, Dutch and French;
- You obtained a Master in law with excellent academic results;
- Relevant experience between three and five years (preferably as part of an international environment) in handling technology matters/projects/litigation;
- You are an ambitious lawyer with a strong passion for technology and data;
- You are a team player with outstanding legal capabilities, entrepreneurial spirit and good communication skills;
- You are imaginative and business-savvy.
If you wish to apply for this position please send your CV with a cover letter to Natacha De Greef by email : [email protected].