Office Managing Partner
Office Managing Partner
Consultores em Direito Estrangeiro
Travessa do Ouvidor 50
5 Andar - Centro
Rio de Janeiro - RJ - CEP 20040-040
Ted Rhodes is Managing Partner of our Rio de Janeiro office, where he has been based since 2009.
Ted advises on international corporate transactions, investments and infrastructure projects, particularly in the oil and gas, mining, energy and infrastructure sectors and has extensive experience in cross-border transactions, including M&A, joint ventures and investments into and out of Brazil across a number of sectors. He has also worked in the CMS Energy team in London and Aberdeen and on secondment to BP.
Ted has thorough knowledge of the energy industry and regulatory regimes in Brazil and globally; having also advised on matters across Europe, Africa, Asia, Australasia and the Americas. He understands his clients’ commercial drivers and concerns, negotiating and drafting agreements to protect their interests and mitigate operational risks.
He regularly explains the particularities of the Brazilian business environment, its advantages and challenges, to international investors and companies who are looking to structure their businesses in the country.
- A Brazilian oil & gas company on general matters, including joint operating agreements, FPSO financing arrangements, insurance coverage, potential contractual disputes and the development of standard form vessel and drilling rig charter and operation agreements and other procurement contracts.
- CTS Eventim, a leader in international ticketing and events management, on in its successful bid to provide ticketing services to the 2016 Olympic & Paralympic Games; including acting as local representative, assisting in the negotiation of contracts with the Rio 2016 Organising Committee, incorporating a Brazilian subsidiary and coordinating advice on taxation, immigration, importation and the leasing of commercial and residential properties. Also advising in the establishment of a joint venture with Sony for other ticketing operations.
- OSX Leasing in relation to EPCI, shipyard and major procurement contracts for all their FPSO and wellhead platform projects, as well as related charter/lease and operation contracts.
- Premier Oil on its successful participation in Brazil’s 11th licensing round for oil and gas concessions.
- Intelig Telecomunicações on debt restructuring and USD 500m merger with TIM Participações telecommunications group.
- An Asian service company on its participation in multiple tenders to supply oil and gas production platforms, support vessels and operation services to Petrobras.
- A Brazilian oil company on the proposed acquisition of an oil company with multiple producing assets in the North Sea, as well as on contractual renegotiations and disputes arising from the charter of an FPSO and other vessels in Brazil and in relation to arrangements for the trading of crude oil.
- OSX Construção Naval in relation to joint venture arrangements and procurement contracts for the development of a major shipyard in Brazil, as well as on contracts for the construction of vessels for the oil and gas industry.
- Balmoral Offshore in relation to the establishment of a Brazilian subsidiary and development of a manufacturing facility for flotation equipment used in the oil and gas industry, as well as the negotiation and drafting of local supply contracts.
- An Asian national oil company in relation to the proposed acquisition of a Brazilian oil and gas company with exploration, development and production assets offshore Brazil.
- 2000 – BA, University of Nottingham, Nottingham
- Chairman for Brazil, Lex Anglo, Brazil
- Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)