Highlights of our experience in Energy in Brazil
- An Asian oil services group on multiple tenders to supply vessels and associated services to Petrobras, including in relation to FPSOs, RSV and OSRV vessels.
- Premier Oil Holdings Ltd on its participation in the 11th licensing round for oil and gas concessions in Brazil, including advice on obtaining access to geological data and qualification requirements. Assisting with preparation and submission of qualification documents and bid guarantees.
- Eneva on the calling of performance bonds with banks in Italy and Portugal in relation to breaches by its EPC contractor for the construction of a thermal power plant in the north east of Brazil, and in relation to arbitration and English High Court proceedings brought against an equipment supplier.
- OSX on the financing, construction, installation, leasing and operation of various fixed and floating oil production platforms for use offshore Brazil, as well as in relation to subsequent contract terminations and disputes, group restructuring and demobilisation of platforms.
- A Dutch private equity fund on the acquisition of a multinational group of oilfield services companies, with its main operations in Brazil, including coordinating all Brazilian legal due diligence.
- A Brazilian oil company on its crude oil marketing arrangements with a multinational commodities trader, including in relation to potential claims for breach.
- Balmoral Offshore Engineering on the establishment of its business in Brazil, including the incorporation of a Brazilian limited liability company, the acquisition of land and permits for the construction of a manufacturing facility, contracting with Petrobras and a proposed joint venture for the fabrication of equipment for the offshore oil and gas industry.
- OGX Petróleo & Gás on the drafting of a suite of standard form oil and gas contracts for use offshore Brazil, including master services agreements, general terms and conditions for different categories of goods and services, purchase orders and drilling rig and vessel charter and operation agreements.
- A Brazilian oil company on the structuring of ownership interests and capacity rights in a major offshore gas pipeline system, as well as in relation to claims for variation orders under the pipeline installation contract resulting from protracted delays in environmental licensing.
- Asian National Oil Company on the proposed acquisition of a Brazilian oil and gas company, with exploration, development and production assets offshore Brazil, including coordinating all Brazilian legal due diligence.
Please download the print version below.
PDF 142 kB