Highlights of our experience in Public Procurement in Brazil
- A European manufacturer of FPSO mooring equipment on Brazilian local content regulations in the oil and gas sector and arrangements for the protection of its know-how and intellectual property in fabrication subcontracts. Also advising on a dispute with its commercial representative regarding commissions on contracts awarded by Petrobras.
- OGX Petróleo & Gás on the drafting of a suite of standard form oil and gas contracts for use offshore Brazil, including master services agreements, general terms and conditions for different categories of goods and services, purchase orders and drilling rig and vessel charter and operation agreements.
- CTS Eventim on its successful bid to provide exclusive ticketing services to the Rio 2016 Olympic & Paralympic Games, including coordinating advice on tax, employment, immigration and various regulatory matters to inform the bid and to enter the Brazilian market for the first time.
- Açu shipyard, Rio de Janeiro state on numerous high-value procurement contracts, as well as standard form agreements for different categories of goods and services. Advising on related contractual disputes, including claims for demurrage, port storage costs, damage sustained to the equipment and additional onward transportation costs resulting from defective packaging and failure of the equipment to comply with specifications.
- Various international oil and gas suppliers on Petrobras qualification and tender procedures, contracting practice and negotiations. Also advising on the use of commercial representatives, formation of bidding consortia, negotiation of back-to-back subcontracts and tax structuring issues.
- OSX Leasing Group on a number of high-value framework agreements for the procurement of major items of equipment for multiple floating oil production platforms (FPSOs) to be constructed in Brazil.
Please download the print version below.
PDF 284 kB