Highlights of our experience in Real Estate & Construction in Brazil
- Açu Shipyard, Rio de Janeiro state on numerous high-value construction contracts and contracts for the procurement of heavy equipment and installations.
- Balmoral Offshore Engineering on the acquisition of land in the state of Espirito Santo, Brazil for the construction of a plant for the manufacture of buoyancy devices for the offshore oil and gas industry, as well as advising on environmental permitting requirements.
- A German company on the acquisition of residential real estate in the state of Ceará, Brazil.
- Eneva on the calling of performance bonds with banks in Italy and Portugal in relation to breaches by its EPC contractor for the construction of a thermal power plant in the north east of Brazil and on arbitration and English High Court proceedings brought against the supplier of major items of equipment for the power plant.
- China Development Bank on financing of the acquisition of a large tract of Brazilian rural land through the acquisition of an offshore holding company.
- GDF Suez Energy on various major construction projects and disputes across Latin America, including for power plants, transmission lines and LNG importation facilities in Peru, Chile, Uruguay and Brazil.
- A European investment vehicle on the tax structuring of the acquisition of commercial real estate in Rio de Janeiro.
- MRP on its entry into the Brazilian market, including regulation of the Porto Maravilha urban redevelopment project in Rio de Janeiro, and on its joint venture with the Trump Organization for the high profile Trump Towers Rio project, one of the largest commercial property developments in Latin America.
Please download the print version below.
Real Estate & Construction
PDF 215 kB