CMS advised EMS-Group on the sale of EMS-PATVAG (s.r.o.)
An international team of CMS Switzerland and the Czech Republic under the lead of Stefan Brunnschweiler (CMS Switzerland) has advised EMS-Group, which operates worldwide in the fields of high performance polymers and specialty chemicals and whose companies are combined in EMS-CHEMIE HOLDING AG, on the complete sale of its wholly owned subsidiary EMS-PATVAG (s.r.o.), headquartered in the Czech Republic, to Hirtenberger Holding GmbH which is based in Austria.
EMS-PATVAG (s.r.o.) is a specialist in the development and production of pyrotechnic igniters for passive safety devices such as airbags and belt tensioners and has been supplying the automotive industry with these products since 1993. Over 500 million igniters have been delivered to date. The company employs around 130 people. The parties have agreed not to disclose the purchase price.
- Stefan Brunnschweiler, LL.M., Lead, Global Head of the CMS Corporate/M&A Group
- Dr Daniel Jenny, LL.M., Partner, Corporate/M&A
- Samuel Felix Gang, Associate, Corporate/M&A
- Florian Jung, Associate, Corporate/M&A
- Dr Ferdinand Blezinger, LL.M., Associate, Corporate/M&A
- Alexandra Stocker, Trainee, Corporate/M&A
CMS Czech Republic
- Helen Rodwell, Managing Partner, CEE Head of Corporate
- Patrik Przyhoda, Counsel, Corporate/M&A
- Markéta Franková, Senior Associate, Corporate/M&A
- Andrea Červenková, Senior Associate, Head of Employment