Top rankings for CMS Switzerland by Chambers and Partners
CMS Switzerland is delighted to announce that 14 lawyers across 10 practice areas have been recommended in the 2020 edition of Chambers and Partners Europe, published in March 2020.
The following lawyers from our offices in Zurich and Geneva are recommended in their fields of expertise:
- Stefan Brunnschweiler – Corporate/M&A
- Marquard Christen – Competition/Antitrust
- Christian Gersbach – Employment
- Stefan Gerster – Real Estate
- Daniel Jenny – Corporate/M&A
- Kaspar Landolt – Banking & Finance
- André E. Lebrecht – Investment Funds
- Bernhard Lötscher – White-Collar Crime
- Sibylle Schnyder – Real Estate
- Patrick Sommer – Competition/Antitrust
- Jodok Wicki – Dispute Resolution: Litigation
These experts have been identified by means of extensive market research including interviews conducted by Chambers and Partners. Please find below a selection of what clients have said about our law firm and our lawyers:
Banking & Finance
- Interviewees laud the lawyers for their availability, with one source also noting that they "work very hard and are proactive".
- One interviewee appreciates that Kaspar Landolt is "very responsive and solution-orientated", while another describes him as "excellent, very commercial and practical."
- Clients say Marquard Christen's "strength is his capability to quickly understand even the most complex sets of facts, identify the legal problems at hand and to strive to find practical solutions to those problems." He is experienced advising on competition investigations, appeals and civil antitrust proceedings.
- A client says: "The answers always came fast and the advice given was precise and exactly what we needed," adding: "They have a very profound knowledge of our business, the industry and any compliance risks we could be facing."
- Sources describe Daniel Jenny as "calm under pressure, business-oriented, pragmatic and efficient." He assists clients with transactional matters, advising on cross-border acquisitions and representing shareholders in disposals.
- Clients appreciate the team's commercial approach and broad skill set, highlighting the lawyers' "business judgement" and "the seamless involvement of different teams within the firm".
Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Interviewees describe the team as "considerate and very knowledgeable".
- Sources also highlight the lawyers for being "very client-focused" and providing "good service".
- Sibylle Schnyder is "very reliable" and "always prepared", according to sources. She acts on real estate transactions, with further experience in handling commercial leases.
- Sources say Stefan Gerster is "very good in achieving results" and "very easy to deal with". He assists clients with property acquisitions and development projects, with further expertise in handling asset transactions.
- Andrio Orler advises clients on the tax issues around internal reorganisations. Interviewees describe Orler as "an excellent tax lawyer, who is very smart and has a lot of knowledge". He also assists international clients with Swiss VAT matters.
- David Hürlimann advises clients on the tax aspects of corporate restructurings. He also assists clients with cross-border tax matters and tax audits.
- Bernhard Lötscher acts for domestic and international clients on trade secrets breaches, fraud and counterfeiting investigations. Interviewees report that he is "very experienced in the tactical approach". He also assists clients with mutual legal assistance and asset recovery proceedings.
- Interviewees highlight the firm's ability to "handle the differences between Swiss and local law".
About Chambers and Partners
Chambers and Partners identifies and ranks since 30 years the most outstanding law firms and lawyers in over 185 countries throughout the world. The key to the success of their legal directories and the validity of the awards is the in-depth research conducted by qualified and experienced researchers.
Guides are published for the USA, UK, Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, Canada, High Net Worth and the Global market. Each book is the culmination of interviews with lawyers and clients carried out by a large research team.