Marion Wyler is a Competition and Life Sciences & Healthcare lawyer.
She has vast experience across all areas of Swiss and EU Competition Law, both contentious and non-contentious, with particular focus on cartel investigations and litigation, (cross-border) mergers, competition issues in distribution and the development and implementation of competition compliance programs.
In the field of Life Sciences, Marion Wyler advices and represents clients active in regulated sectors, such as pharma, healthcare and biotech. Her practice includes advising on operating authorizations, advertising of therapeutic products, monetary benefits, healthcare-related mergers and acquisitions, sector-typical contracts as well as compliance.
Besides her work as a lawyer, Marion Wyler is a lecturer in Healthcare and Employment Law at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW and Careum School for Healthcare Professions, and regularly publishes in her area of expertise.
After graduating in 2011 from the University of Fribourg (Switzerland) and University of Durham (UK), with successfully completing her degrees in German, French and English, Marion Wyler worked at the Secretariat of the Swiss Competition Commission and as a law clerk at two district courts. She was admitted to the Bar in 2014 and joined our law firm as an associate in 2015.
Marion Wyler is currently pursuing her postgraduate studies at UC Berkeley (LL.M. Professional Track).
- Advising and representing Bank Julius Baer in proceedings of the Swiss Competition Commission regarding currency trading and precious metals trading
- Advising and representing an international bank in proceedings of the Swiss Competition Commission regarding reference interest rates (“Libor”)
- Advising and representing Bayer Schweiz AG in proceedings before the Swiss Federal Supreme Court regarding alleged vertical price-fixing of drugs not covered by health insurance (“Hors-Liste”)
- Longstanding counselling of various entities of the synlab-group in their daily business in all regulatory aspects (e.g., advertising of IVD products, development and implementation of collaboration agreements, setting up of compliance guidelines and providing of related staff training)
- Advising Kieser Training AG on drawing up and implementing its worldwide franchise concept
- Advised Rieter on the acquisition of the SSM division from Schweiter (coordination of multi-jurisdictional merger control)
- Advised Nextclinics on the acquisition of IVF-Zentren Prof. Zech (a group of clinics active in reproductive medicine)
- Advising various leading international companies in relation to distribution arrangements as well as complex cooperations with customers, suppliers and competitors
- Developing and implementing antitrust compliance frameworks and codes of conduct in relation to dawn raids by competition authorities
- Advising various pharmaceutical companies and healthcare providers on product distribution, particularly in the area of advertising and financial benefits (i.e., discounts, kickbacks, sponsoring, etc.)
- Advised a major dental chain in all areas of healthcare law, particularly in relation to authorisations and protection of patient personal data (stored in overseas cloud)
- Advised a world-leading online retailer on importing infant formula from the EU into Switzerland
- Advised a world-leading pharmaceutical company in the field of reproductive medicine (in particular with regard to preimplantation diagnosis)
- Advised foreign companies on trading cord blood (and tissue) and on importing blood plasma into Switzerland
- 2014 – Bar admission, Switzerland
- 2011 – Master of Law, University of Fribourg (Switzerland) and University of Durham (UK)
- 2009 – Additional Diploma “bilingue plus” (German and French), issued by the Faculty of Arts of the University of Fribourg
- 2009 – Bachelor of Law, with the additions “bilingual” (German/French) and “European Law”, University of Fribourg
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)
- Swiss Bar Association (SBA)
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht
- Wyler Marion, Nachträgliche Anpassung des Zulassungsentscheids durch Swissmedic, BVGer C-5649/2015 vom 24. Juli 2018, Life Science Recht 1/2019, 34
- Wyler Marion, Urteil des Bundesverwaltungsgerichts vom 19. Dezember 2017 in Sachen "Hors Liste", CMS Newsletter, February 2018
- Wyler Marion, Implementierung der europäischen Medicrime-Konvention in der Schweiz, Die wichtigsten Eckpfeiler der vom Parlament verabschiedeten Gesetzesänderungen, Life Science Recht 2/2018, 112
- Wyler Marion, Unzulässige Arzneimittelwerbung, BVGer C-5490/2015 vom 28. März 2017, Science Recht 1/2018, 31
- CMS, Erlasse des Schweizer Kartellrechts, September 2017
- CMS Breakfast regarding Competition and Procurement law – presentation on Antitrust, Procurement and Civil Law consequences of prohibited behaviour, 31 October 2018
- Caregiving for mentally ill patients – lecture on legal framework related to the protection of adults, such as deputyship and care-related hospitalisation at Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW (since January 2016)
- Introduction to Healthcare Law – lecture on patient’s rights, data privacy, medical secrecy and medical malpractice liability at Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW (since September 2015)
- Introduction to Employment Law – lecture given at Careum School for Healthcare Professions (since August 2015)
- Compliance training – provided to synlab staff regarding new cooperation agreements and internal compliance guidelines, 5 July and 11 October 2017
- Law at the doctor’s office – elementary rules of handling patients; caregiving of mentally ill patients; cooperations and financial benefits among healthcare professionals, seminar provided at “Wissen.Praxis”, 8 June 2017
- Presentations in Healthcare and Contract Law for various clients’ staff