Home / Publications / China Insight - Employment & Pensions

China Insight - Employment & Pensions

New Permits to be Required for Foreigners doing Short-Term Work in China


In the past, many foreigners came to China for short-term work of less than 90 days by holding a business visa, i.e. M visa. This will be hardly possible, starting from 1 January 2015 due to the Relevant Handling Procedures for Implementation of Short-term Work by Foreigners Entering into China (Trial) jointly issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Public Security and the Ministry of Culture on 6 November 2014 (“Handling Procedures”). The Handling Procedures will take effect on 1 January 2015.

Please access the Newsletter to read more.

China Insight - Employment & Pensions
Read more


Portrait of Jeanette Yu
Jeanette Yu
Portrait of Julia Tänzler-Motzek
Julia Tänzler-Motzek
Senior Associate